Oracle Applications Database Administrator
Oracle Applications Database Administrator
Job Number: 75960
JOB DESCRIPTION Job Family: Information Technology Services Job Series: Database Administrator Job Code: 4762 Grade: K Exemption: Exempt Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description Oracle Applications DBA (Database Administrator 2) Reporting to the Technical Manager of Oracle Financials & Research Administration in Stanford University IT (UIT), this position provides critical applications, database administration services, and support of enterprise business systems for Stanford University. A successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with the installation and maintenance of stable production and development infrastructure.
JOB PURPOSE: Install, configure, upgrade, administer, monitor, and maintain operationally efficient web, application servers, Oracle eBusiness Suite 12.x and databases under minimal supervision.
- Install, configure, and support database management systems (Oracle, MongoDB & SQLServer databases) and related software to resolve highly complex and/or unique issues without precedent and/or structure. Work on databases using more advanced database administration concepts.
- Install, Upgrade, Configure, Clone, Patching & Managing of Oracle Applications 12.x
- Design, develop, and maintain highly-available databases.
- Take responsibility for database design and performance optimization, backup and recovery strategies and implementation, as well as monitoring the overall health of the database environment.
- Execute complete database solutions from evaluation to implementation.
- Provide on-going system administration and technical infrastructure support.
- Review the physical and logical design of databases for optimal database structures, performance tuning, security, and database backup/recovery. Plan and implement pro-active and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting, and capacity planning.
- Evaluate and test marketplace tools and utilities, including system integration and automation, which enhance server functionality and promote the development of RDBMS applications.
- Develop and maintain efficient and appropriate connectivity solutions between various campus databases to ensure necessary data is available as needed.
- Create data flow and data lifecycle documentation.
- Develop and enforce database standards and/or new development protocols.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in the support requirements of large database applications/systems including performance analysis and tuning of high volume, transaction systems.
- Knowledge of hierarchical database systems.
- Extensive knowledge of systems platform.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the design and implementation of complex database architecture.
- Ability to perform database backup, restoration, and troubleshoot database related issues.
- Strong experience in programming environments.
- At least 2 years of operational experience in Oracle eBusiness Suite R12.1 or R12.2
- Solid understanding of Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g and 12c.
- Ability to develop a vision for future computing needs and to develop appropriate plans to meet these needs.
- Ability to work well independently or as a team member.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of new and current technology and trends.
- Ability to collaborate with vendors and system service providers, provide administration for system solutions, and act as a liaison.
- Extensive experience with database and application security protocol.
- Strong Oracle Applications DBA skills with extensive experience in cloning and performance tuning
- Experience of Apache, Tomcat and WebLogic
- Strong experience of SSL Certificate management with wallet, keytool & openssl
- Knowledge of Python/Shell scripts programming
- Experience in managing Oracle SOA 12c
- Install, upgrade, and configuring experience in Oracle Access and Identity Manager
- Experience working in Cloud environments
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Extended and weekend hours.
- Must be available for on-call work.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide,
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: Business Affairs: Administrative Systems (IT)
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.