Visiting Lecturer in Technical Theatre
General Summary of Position:
The Theatre Arts Program at the University of Massachusetts Lowell seeks a Full-Time Visiting Lecturer in Technical Theatre. Successful candidate will teach and oversee production in a growing program, including managing scene shop, theatre facility, and production budgets, serving as TD for 2 mainstage productions/year, supervising students, and teaching introductory courses in theatre and production. 2/2 teaching load includes practicum courses. Opportunities to design are also available.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- MFA in technical theatre (or MFA in scenic, lighting, or sound design with demonstrated experience in technical direction).
- Experience in scenic construction, plus one or more of the following: lighting, sound, rigging.
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends required.
- Excellent teaching, organization, and management skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a CV and cover letter. *Names and email addresses of three references will also be required during the application process. The references will be notified and should upload recommendation letters. Only recommendation letters that are uploaded to the system by the referee will be accepted. Emailed or hardcopy letters will not be accepted.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.