Commercial Foodservice Lab Coordinator (Instructor) (Hospitality Management)
General Description of Position: The Department of Hospitality Management at Kansas State University seeks to fill a 12 month, full-time position Commercial Foodservice Lab Coordinator position at the instructor level Diversity and Inclusion: Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community. The Successful Candidate will: Responsibilities:
- Instruct food production management laboratories, including overseeing the production of daily service and catering operations.
- Facilitate and execute catering orders, as needed.
- Supervise and coordinate food production lab instruction and activities.
- Maintains the orderliness and cleanliness of the facility
- Oversees the operation and maintenance of the instructional lab.
- Assists instructors with the development and improvement of laboratory courses.
- Supervise undergraduate and graduate teaching assistants.
- Orders or procures supplies, equipment, and resources needed for the laboratory.
- Perform monthly inventory of food and supplies and a yearly inventory of small equipment.
- Assist with programs that utilize the lab facility for student recruitment.
- Participate in institutional governance by serving on departmental, college, and university committees
- Master’s degree in hospitality management, or a related area.
- Knowledge of food safety, foodservice operations, and general hospitality management as demonstrated by a minimum of five years of experience in the hospitality industry, preferably at the management level in a commercial foodservice operation.
- Computer competency, outstanding oral and written communication skills, ability to speak effectively in front of large groups, demonstrated effectiveness in working with diverse individuals in a variety of settings, and demonstrated ability to work as a team member.
- Two years teaching experience, preferably hospitality management courses.
- A minimum of two years of experience in commercial food production, preferably at the supervisory or management level.