Administrative Support Assistant (Part-Time)
Job Title: Administrative Support Assistant (Part-Time)
Job ID: 24196
Full/Part Time: Part - Time
Job Code: 1032, Range 2
About the Position
* This position is part - time 20 hours per week4 hours daily from 1:00pm– 5:00pm.*
Reporting to the department chair and receiving work lead direction from the department analyst; this halftime position provides clerical support to the graduate program in Psychology. Under general supervision, this position independently performs moderate to complex clerical and administrative support duties. This position provides support to other administrative personnel and department students, faculty and staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts as front-line receptionist, answers phones, greets faculty, staff, students and visitors.
- Coordinates and is responsible for the production of department publications including layout, copyediting, and proofreading.
- Run errands, sorts and distributes mail, photocopies exams, and other materials; files and prepare routine correspondence/flyers, troubleshoots office equipment problems.
- Provides ongoing support to faculty members and Chair.
- Maintains a list of faculty office hours, and maintains green-sheet and exam files.
- Maintains files for internship/fieldwork opportunities.
- Responsible for coordination of special events, receptions, and department convocation.
- Maintains and updates department website.
- Provides administrative support to graduate advisors in coordinating the graduate admissions process for the MA, Clinical and Industrial Organization Psychology programs.
- Maintains applicant files and assists in the coordination of graduate program committee reviews/interviews.
- Works with the office of Graduate Studies and Research to ensure paperwork is complete for admission of each accepted applicant.
- Maintains graduate student records.
- Assists students with add/drop form, petitions, A&R procedures, registration, grade problems, comp exams, thesis, project and candidacy procedures.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24196.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.