Instructional Design Coordinator
The Online Instructional Designer Coordinator provides instructional and course design expertise, in support of the University’s vision for learning through the development, design, redesign, assessment, and recommendations of strategies and materials to support predominantly online and hybrid educational programs. The Instructional Design Coordinator will work closely with faculty and the Extended Learning team to design curriculum and courses; manage and complete projects; evaluate and recommend appropriate technologies; advise and support faculty in manner consistent with instructional design and technology best practices; coordinate and conduct professional development opportunities; provide exceptional service to all audiences; and facilitate experiences that prepare instructors to teach in any environment. This position will act as a team lead for the instructional designers in the Office of Extended Learning.
- Master’s degree and at least three years instructional design and technology experience in a higher education setting.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience using a learning management system (e.g., D2L Brightspace, Blackboard, Canvas) for instructional and course development.
- Experience implementing online quality models at the program- or institution-level.
- Clear understanding of project management principles and practice.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- 1-3 years experience using Brightspace D2L for instructional design and/or in a professional administrative capacity.
- Professional experience with the following tools and solutions: INGRESS, Banner, Atomic Learning, Banner Web, Blackboard Collaborate, Cascade CMS, Qualtrics, ShareStream, SRS, Video Course Delivery, Turnitin.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide leadership and coordination for instructional design services offered through Office of Extended Learning initiatives including: online and hybrid courses as well as new learning model exploration and adoption.
- Collaborates with SMEs in designing new courses, revising existing courses, developing learning activities, assessments, and rubrics, and providing guidance in instructional design and technology.
- Provide faculty support in instructional technologies, design, and online/hybrid pedagogy.
- Conduct quality assurance and assessment for existing and newly developed online courses providing feedback for improvements.
- Plan and implement design policies, objectives, or activities related to instructional design for the Office of Extended Learning in partnership with unit leadership.
- Partner with collegiate committees and advisory groups in support of academic and professional development initiatives.
- Develop, maintain, and provide professional development opportunities in the areas of instructional design, online teaching, and resources for faculty, students, and administrators.