Manufacturing Engineer II
Assures highest quality, least costly manufacturing processes. Designs, develops, installs, and documents new and/or existing processes, equipment, and tooling. Ensures performance (business, profit, and manufacturing) to specification. Conducts cost reduction activities to determine material, labor, and overhead costs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
• With limited assistance from senior engineer or manager, works on individually-assigned projects to design and/or develop new processes and tooling or improvements to existing processes or tooling, utilizing engineering principles, complying with corporate policies on health, safety, and environmental equipment in regards to codes, standards, and regulations. Analyzes best practices and processes to minimize labor, material, and overhead costs and assure manufacturability to increase market share and profitability; provides recommendations to senior engineer or manager.
• Utilizes personal computer (PC) and keyboard/mouse to complete "make versus buy" feasibility studies and manufacturing cost analysis; electronically transmits data to Accounting, Specials Engineering, and Product Engineering for completion of financial analysis to assure best use of materials and methods in balancing manufacturing and future quality cots. Works with Finance to determine labor, material, and overhead costs to justify equipment and process improvements.
• Under direction of senior engineer or manager, specifies and quotes new or replacement equipment of limited complexity.
• Develops engineering detail and documentation (including drawings, Engineering Change Orders [ECOs], Requests for Expenditure [RFEs] and International Organization of Standardization [ISO]) to support tooling quotations, manufacturing processes, and cost analysis to assure all required Haworth Quality System documentation is in place and current.
• Utilizes statistical techniques, tolerance analysis, process potential studies, and other engineering techniques to assure new tooling and equipment meet specifications before quality acceptance.
• Initiates corrective action to existing processes and/or equipment to improve utilization and quality.
• Troubleshoots process and production issues on daily basis to determine processing issues and develop/implement best manufacturing solutions. Assists with material, print, equipment, and process issues to ensure customer orders are correct and on time.
• Works with Maintenance department members, line leaders, operators, and quality personnel to understand and fix issues with equipment, processes or materials (internal and external) supplied to process.
• Develops, maintains, and implements quality/reliability plans for major projects. Monitors test progress to assure compliance to specified parameters.
• Participates in and executes quality deliverables for New Product Introduction (NPI) budgets, Failure Mode Effective Analysis (FEMA) design reviews, gauging, Quality Function Deployment (QFD), and reliability goals to ensure all possible design and manufacturability issues are addressed to assure quality product.
• Maintains up-to-date, state-of-the-art knowledge in areas of manufacturing engineering methods and processes to ensure safest, most efficient production environment possible.
• Works directly with operational Total Process Management (TPM) teams to provide technical support.
• Utilizes Computer Aided Design (CAD) software to develop and design fixtures, tooling, equipment, and plant layouts. Assists with assembly and installation of tooling and or equipment, using power and hand tools. Climbs/bends/balances in manufacturing environment; lifts material/product weighing up to 60 pounds.
• Travels overnight away from corporate offices, including internationally, to customer and supplier sites, agencies, universities, and related manufacturing operations to obtain information relative to existing products, purchased parts, material selection, or manufacturing processes.
Resource is a staffing and recruitment industry leader with thousands of satisfied clients nationwide. We offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work for our clients in either full-time, part time, temp to perm or temporary positions. We pride ourselves on our focus on helping our employees find their next job.
Big Rapids, MI
Sat, 12 Aug 2017 14:22:53 PDT