Punch Press Supervisor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (others may be assigned):
- Managing Punch Press employees who work involving standard progressive, blanking, piercing and forming dies, adjust air, mechanical knockout devices, length of ram stroke, and automatic feed. (See punch press setup procedure).
- Determines when dies need sharpening and repair.
- Diagnose malfunctions and make corrections.
- Perform limited work-in on new dies and tooling.
- Perform preventative maintenance as prescribed in Punch Press Setup Procedure.
- Limited knowledge of parts of the Punch Press Machine (tooling, components, feed, etc.)
- Operate, load and adjust up to two punch press machines at or above established standard rate while maintaining quality standard of parts.
- Performs inspections of various parts using varied measurement tools including micrometers, calipers, gauges, digital comparator, etc.
- Responsible for quality of parts, reports faulty machine operation or faulty parts to supervisor, lead person or Quality Control Department.
- Responsible for machine reporting paperwork and other paperwork as assigned.
- Responsible for the daily housekeeping of assigned area.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Universal Metal Products, Inc. founded in 1946 is located in Cleveland and Toledo Ohio and in McAllen Texas. We are a metal forming company using slide forming and punch press technology with heat treat and finishing capabilities. All facilities are ISO9001, TS16949 and ISO 14001 certified. We are a strong, stable growing company that presently employs 350 people.
Sat, 12 Aug 2017 06:13:17 PDT