As a rapidly growing innovative company, we are offering an exciting opportunity in our Chicago Office for qualified professionals in Project Management to become a part of our immensely talented team. This position will consist working on projects located in the Loop area 80% of the time. As a Rightsize team member, you will enjoy a collaborative, fast paced and fun environment where your contributions will be visible and highly impactful!
The Project Manager is responsible for the successful implementation of large, complex and often multi-faceted office furniture projects. The PM directs the projects from start to completion, including all aspects of managing the project team. In this role, the PM is given broad decision-making authority to affect the outcome of projects and must be practiced in project management techniques. Project Managers must have an in-depth understanding of office furniture products, delivery, installation and servicing. Successful PM's possess a high degree of professional integrity and a commitment to conduct in the best interests of Rightsize Facility and its customers at all times, demonstrating strong leadership, good judgment, confidence, initiative and flexibility. As a Project Manager for Rightsize Facility no one day will ever be the same!
- Collaborate with workplace solution managers/ directors, designers, project coordinators and clients to understand and delineate project goals and timelines
- Generate Statements of Work (SOW) for delivery, installation and servicing
- Obtain vendor quotes for delivery, installation and servicing
- Produce, distribute and communicate project management documentation
- Generate Gantt charts or related timelines using MS Project or other applicable software programs (such as Excel); identify all relevant milestones and critical paths
- Generate cost baselines and project plans (as required)
- Execute projects in accordance with project plans/project documentation
- Coordinate project activities with applicable client, vendor and internal personnel
- Direct, monitor, status and report on project activities
- Track and manage project expenses to budget baselines
- Initiate and direct project meetings; communicate action items to applicable parties
- Conduct site visits to assess progress, liaison with client and vendor personnel and address issues and problems
- Manage customer expectations regarding the implementation of the project
- Record time worked by project and track against billable hours
- Track POs and other deliverable items (as needed)
- Obtain sign-offs when work is complete
- Initiate lessons-learned/project follow-up assessments
- Accomplished and well versed in the office interiors.
- Systems furniture knowledge and experience (notably Herman Miller (AO2, Ethospace), Steelcase, Haworth, HON, Knoll)
- Casegoods and seating knowledge and experience (Herman Miller, Steelcase, HON preferably)
- Project Management software: MS Project (preferred), Excel, other PM software MS Office software: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook Technical software
- Demonstrate scheduling methods, and cost/change order control and develop work scope
- Support revenue enhancement/growth efforts (not a primary function - support role)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Excellent oral, written, and formal presentation skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple accounts simultaneously
- Well versed in Project P&L's
- Tenacious drive for results from concept to completion. See the job through to the end!
- Push to apply innovative thinking and problem solving
- Passion to service to our customers above all else
- BS degree in Interior Design, Architecture, Fine Arts or related degree from an accredited institution of higher education Continuing Education or advanced degree in Project Management is desired
This is an incredible opportunity for the dynamic individual looking for a long-term career opportunity! If you think you'd be a good fit for Rightsize Facility, apply now and someone from our team will be in touch shortly.
Positions Available In:
- Chicago, IL
For The Successful Candidates, We Offer:
- Full Time Employment
- Industry Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Retirement Plan
Rightsize Facility, headquartered in Chicago, with multiple offices in metropolitan Chicago, Milwaukee and Detroit, is a nationwide office interiors and facilities services firm serving corporate clients in transition. Founded in 2004, Rightsize employs an industry leading PLAN, FURNISH and SERVICE approach to ensure seamless workplace transitions and is a single source for space planning, furniture selection and procurement, delivery and installation, facility decommissioning, ancillary project services and commercial flooring. Rightsize is the parent company of Facility Flooring, Office Furniture Center, WoodWorkSpaces and Relic Furniture Gallery.
Sat, 12 Aug 2017 12:57:52 PDT