Accessibility Review Consultant
ITnova is seeking an Accessibility Review Consultant to review online courses on a part-time and as-needed contract basis for the Maryland State Department of Education to assess compliance with Section 508 requirements and compliance with other standards as directed by the State. The contract term is two years, from September 2016 through August 2018.
- The Consultant will serve as a reviewer for one or more of the requested online courses. The Consultant shall evaluate each course using the rubric provided by MSDE.
- Consultants will review each assigned course and complete the electronic rubric and a detailed report within the specified timeline for each review.
- Once the review is completed, the Consultant will complete and submit a review form within the specified timeline.
- For each assigned course the Consultant will be allowed to bill a maximum of 38 hours per course review and report completion and 2 hours for pre- and post-meetings and modifications.
- Course reviews will be awarded and assigned on an as-needed basis, with no guarantees of work.
- Examples of online course reviews will include but are not limited to the following subject areas: mathematics, English language arts, world language, science, social studies, computer science, technology, finance, fine arts, Advanced Placement® courses, physical education, and health.
- Experience in the use of assistive technologies across multiple content management platforms and browsers.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of accessibility testing tools and methods.
- Knowledge of HTML semantics/tagging and remediation of accessibility issues.
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws, policies, regulations and standards governing services for individuals with disabilities (Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment, Section 508, and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA).
- Experience in the use of: i. Screen Reader (JAWS, NVDA, etc.); Color Contrast Analyzer; Screen Image Capture (SnagIt or similar).
- Proficiency using email, email attachments, document scanners, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Experience with accommodations in an educational setting is preferred.
ITnova is an engineering and information technology (IT) consulting firm, headquartered in Annapolis, Maryland. ITnova specializes in the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), in particular, project management, business analysis, business re-engineering, quality assurance, testing and IT integration for the U.S. local, state and federal government. ITnova's approach of using proven methodologies, techniques and metrics allows ITnova to ensure project quality for key activities and milestones.
ITnova is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
At this time, ITnova is unable to sponsor H1B visas for this position.
Sat, 12 Aug 2017 14:42:56 PDT