Embedded Software Design Engineer
Escape Communications develops state-of-the-art software configured and managed signal processing platforms for terrestrial microwave, millimeterwave and SATCOM radio links. Our platforms typically employ an embedded RISC processor (e.g., PowerPC or ARM running Linux) for configuration, operation and management, with the majority of signal processing functions performed in hardware (FPGAs). These signal processing platforms employ highly flexible architectures, where most operating parameters are software configurable and hundreds of status parameters are software monitored. The platforms provide for management via serial consoles, telnet/SSH, web GUIs and SNMP. Applications include cellular backhaul, broadband wireless access backhaul, high capacity last mile, private networks, as well as commercial and military satellite communications.
Escape is seeking talented and motivated individuals to be key contributors in software development and implementation on our radio platform products. Responsibilities include:
- Device driver development using common standard communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, SMI and USB, as well as custom memory mapped devices
- Development of management interface features and functions, including support for command line, web GUI, telnet/SSH and SNMP interfaces
- Maintenance of software libraries
- Familiarity using cross-platform development tool chains for embedded systems
- Multi-threaded programming
- Developing software for networking protocols including TCP/IP and Ethernet protocols
- Working knowledge of Board Support Packages and boot loaders such as u-boot
- Understanding of cryptographic controls to safeguard network traffic and secure boot
A bachelor's degree in CE, EE or CS is required; applicants with graduate degrees are also welcome. Preference will be given to applicants with prior relevant experience.
Successful applicant must be a U.S. person (citizen or green card holder).
Escape Communications offers a relaxed work environment and a generous benefits package, including health benefits, flexible vacation time, a 401K retirement plan, and a stock options plan for qualified applicants.
Escape Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
Escape Communications designs, produces and sells complex wireless communications products and systems into the telecommunications equipment and satellite communications industries. We are located in the South Bay area, a few short miles from Los Angeles County beaches. Escape is a small company, where employees get the opportunity to wear many hats and learn many disciplines. We are growing, and we are looking for exceptional, motivated individuals to grow with us. We are currently looking for engineers with expertise in communications signal processing and embedded software development.
Sat, 12 Aug 2017 12:24:38 PDT