The safety supervisor is a field-based position that supports the daily operations of Veterans Transportation. The primary role of this individual is to provide driver support and promote quality assurance in the field.
Key areas of responsibility
• Monitoring, evaluating, auditing of driver performance, through fixed site / random / ride-along evaluations.
• Collecting and reporting quality assurance information related to driver performance
• Responding to, evaluating and assessing incident events
• Responding to, evaluating and assessing accident events
• Mentoring new drivers, evaluating skills and coaching
• Providing recommendations regarding trainee acceptance into the organization
• Assessing driver wellness and performing fit for duty evaluations
• Assessing passenger requests, incidents and evaluations
• Assessing site concerns / evaluating conditions
• Assist with the training of new and existing drivers
• Perform the duties of a driver when needed
• Other duties as assigned
- Operations Staff
- Other Safety Supervisors
- 1-3 years experience supervising individuals in a field environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Good communicator, and possess strong decision-making skills.
- Good team player
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Fri, 11 Aug 2017 14:09:10 PDT