POSITION WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE
This position reports directly to the Superintendent - Turnaround Event
The basic function of a Turnaround Engineer is to define, guide and review turnaround engineering efforts, and support the safety, environmental and economic objectives of the refinery.
• Responsible for refinery turnaround related engineering and drafting. The turnaround budget for the refinery ranges from $10M to $100+M/project
• Work with refinery departments to develop turnaround project engineering detail to secure estimates, develop dossiers and ultimately obtain AFE approval for execution of the turnaround work.
• Define detailed engineering scopes of work for execution of engineering with on-site and external engineering support groups.
• Develop detailed construction packages for bidding execution of turnaround projects.
• Assure compliance of projects within Management of Change, CLIENT specs and procedures, and all HSE rules and policies.
• Reviews all project documentations and drawings to ensure accuracy
• Ensure that refinery quality and safety initiatives are carried out in daily activities for self and group members
• Influential in scope development and up front planning efforts
• Communicates status of planning and preparation on specific shutdowns on an on-going basis to the turnaround organization
• Implements lessons learned from previous shutdowns to take the full benefit from others experience
• Develops and reports on turnaround milestones dealing with engineering and drafting needs for planning packages
• Assist in development of the turnaround execution plan
• Participates in development of post-turnaround audit evaluations and lessons learned activities
• Evaluate repair procedures on all equipment in the pressure envelope
• Dialog with operations and maintenance to finalize turnaround work scopes and participate in scope challenge reviews
• Monitors and provides trouble shooting and technical assistance on field project work during the turnaround
• Develops bid documentation for engineered purchases and ensures receipt is in line with project schedules and milestones
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
• The Engineer works closely with all departments within the refinery, as well as outside technical and maintenance vendors, to gather information, assess alternate solutions and consequences, and implements tehcnical solutions.
• During extensive turnaround schedules, the Engineer typically works the same shifts as the turnaround field coordinators so as to be available for technical support.
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
• 10+ years preferred performing mechanical engineering support in a refinery
• Licensed Texas Professional Engineer (optional)
• Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
• Strong use of analytical tools and problem solving techniques utilizing good engineering practices and applicable industry codes and procedures
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Good computer skills
• Physical requirements to climb elevated heights on equipment and enter equipment during unit shutdowns
• Familiarity with construction/maintenance methods, contract administrations, supervision, safety and incident prevention in a construction or heavy maintenance environment, turnaround planning, scheduling and execution (preferred)
• Familiarity of turnaround planning and scheduling practices (preferred)
Burrow Global, LLC is a full service engineering, procurement, construction, and facility services firm with specialties in process automation, turnaround management, industrial buildings, and plant commissioning and start-up. The company has five offices in Texas servicing customers across the globe.
Port Arthur, TX
Fri, 11 Aug 2017 06:11:19 PDT