The laser operator produces laser cut by setting up, programming, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) laser cutting machine in a safe, productive manner insuring all quality standards are met or exceeded. Maintains records for quality, productivity and safety. Maintains supplies and performs regular preventive maintenance.
- Operates any one or multiple lasers as assigned.
- Operates a forklift
- Ensures quality of cut by using knowledge and skills with regard to focal point adjustment, feed rate, power, etc.
- Loads raw material onto the machine.
- Ensures machine optics are maintained by performing various tests and procedures including tape shots, lens focusing, lens cleaning, nozzle cleaning and replacement of any wear items on the machine as needed.
- Uses inspection tools such as micrometers, calipers and tape measure to verify using correct material.
- Monitors laser operations to ensure machine is functioning properly and safely.
- Records machine code errors and communicates any and all machine performance issues to the supervisor.
- Deburrs and cleans parts
- Identifies and correctly labels parts when they are completed and takes them to a designated area.
- Assists other operators as needed by working as a team to load, unload, inspect and clean machines and part.
- Ensures cleanliness of work area.
- Must be able to read a tape measure and micrometer
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have good time management skills
- Must be able to follow simple instructions
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate with other team members
Welage Corporation is engaged in the business of contract metal fabrication and manufacturing. Our areas of expertise include metal fabrication, forming, laser cutting, welding, and metal stamping, all to customer specification. We service approximately 70 regular industrial and commercial customers in numerous industries from industrial conveyors and material handling to retail displays and signage.
Sat, 29 Jul 2017 08:15:57 PDT