Project Manager - Construction
BES Design/Build is adding a new Construction Project Manager to our full-time staff. This individual will be located in our office in Charleston, SC
The Project Manager is the team leader on each project and plans, directs and coordinates construction activities for several simultaneous construction projects. The Project Manager's key objective is to deliver the highest quality product, within plans and specifications, on time and within budget as well as establish and maintain positive relationships with our clients and all stakeholders. The Project Manager also works in conjunction with our Superintendents, internal team, Subcontractors and Vendors, and will ensure that all project information is properly communicated in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated through previous experience the ability to develop and execute plans efficiently and within budget, including the following:
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing at all levels within a diverse organization.
- Knowledge of government contracting terminologies and applications.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple high-level tasks
- Project Administration: Primary responsibility for all project administration (contract and subcontract management, purchase order and change order management and weekly project meetings).
- Cost Control: Meets financial targets by controlling cost components including labor, materials and subcontract costs.
- Works with our Scheduling Department to prepare detailed CPM project schedules and updates as needed.
- Quality Assurance: Assures all work is in full compliance with the contract, plans, specifications and codes.
- Safety: Ensures compliance with all Company and State agency safety regulations and performs job site safety inspections.
- Travel up to 50% of the time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to motivate others and instill Company mission, vision and values.
- Technical knowledge of building construction means, methods and systems including complete understanding of architectural and engineering drawings.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret construction contracts and project specifications.
- Solid computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Previous experience with a document controls software such as Procore, Prolog, etc.
- Understanding of accounting concepts with ability to manage a budget.
- Strong personal skills including ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
- PMP or CMP certification preferred.
- General Contractor's license in at least one State is preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in construction as a Project Manager in government and/or commercial construction.
- Continuing education and participation in construction industry seminars and activities is encouraged.
Please forward your resume and salary requirements.
BES Design/Build was selected by INC 500 in 2014 as number 20 of the top 500 fastest growing private companies in the US. We are a true design/build firm with in-house architects, engineers and construction team members. We are a Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that focuses on Federal and State contracts with primary support for the Veterans Affairs and other governmental agencies. We are currently working, or have worked, at many of the Veterans Affairs Medical Centers and have completed governmental office building renovations throughout the US and Puerto Rico. We currently have offices in AL, AR, TN and SC.
We offer the full suite of benefits to our full-time employees which include health, vision dental, disability and life insurance and a generously matched 401K plan. The Company also provides ample opportunity for rest and relaxation with paid time off days and 8.5 paid holidays each calendar year.
EOE/ADA. No recruiters or phone calls.
Only qualified candidates will receive a response.
Candidates must be eligible to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship to be considered.
Fri, 11 Aug 2017 05:03:14 PDT