Assistant Professor, Geography/Geomorphology #20180041FAC
Position Title: Assistant Professor, Geography/Geomorphology
Job Posting Number: 20180041FAC
Job Location: San Marcos
College of Liberal Arts
Department of Geography
Position Description: Duties will include the ability to teach courses in support of our undergraduate and graduate programs, including introductory and advanced courses in geomorphology and physical geography. The position includes maintaining an active research agenda, and advising Masters/Ph.D. students.
A Ph.D. degree in geography, earth/environmental sciences, or a related field, is required by time of appointment.
The ability to develop a strong and active research agenda in geomorphology is required.
A demonstrated record of publishing peer-reviewed scholarship in geomorphology is required.
The ability to teach courses in support of our undergraduate and graduate programs, including introductory and advanced courses in geomorphology and physical geography is required.
Preference may be given to candidates who are prepared to teach: 1) quantitative methods and/or 2) field methods.
Preference might also be given to candidates demonstrating evidence of seeking/securing external research grants.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/20190. All application materials must be submitted by October 1, 2017. Materials received after October 1, 2017 will not be considered.
The application must include:
1) a letter of application outlining their research agenda, teaching experience and career goals that meets the required and preferred qualifications as stated above;
2) an up-to-date curriculum vitae;
3) at least one sample of published scholarship in geomorphology;
4) course teaching evaluations (if available);
5) the name, e-mail address, and telephone number of three references. Please provide the names and email addresses for your references in the Reference Letter section of the employment application. Upon submission of your application, an automated email will be generated and sent to your references with instructions on how to attach the reference letter to your application through a confidential online portal. Letters of recommendation must be submitted by October 1, 2017. No letters will be accepted after October 1, 2017.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For inquiries, please e-mail Dr. Edwin Chow, chair of the Search Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Geomorphology Assistant Professor Position” in the subject line of all correspondence.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree granting Universities.
Proposed Start Date: Fall 2018
Close Date: 10/01/2017
Open Until Filled? No
Review Date: 10/01/2017
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.