Clinical Assistant or Clinical Associate Professor in Physical Therapy #20180038FAC
Position Title: Clinical Assistant or Clinical Associate Professor
Job Posting Number: 20180038FAC
Job Location: Round Rock
College of Health Professions
Department of Physical Therapy
Position Description: The Department of Physical Therapy at Texas State University is seeking faculty at the clinical assistant professor or clinical associate professor rank for a nine-month appointment with possible summer employment annually. Rank and salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications. Faculty responsibilities include clinical supervision and administration of onsite clinical practice, teaching, academic advising and service in the entry-level DPT program. The ideal candidate will have clinical teaching experience as well as clinical management experience that will support and enhance the department’s teaching, scholarship and service.
1. Entry-level DPT, t-DPT or advanced degree in physical therapy.
2. Eligible for licensure in Texas.
3. At least 2 years of clinical practice experience and recent/current clinical engagement if employed in an academic setting.
4. Broad clinical and/or teaching experience with a variety of patient populations in a variety of settings.
5. Record of accomplishments in scholarship, teaching, and service, appropriate for appointment at the rank of Clinical Assistant Professor (less than five years teaching) or Clinical Associate Professor (minimum five years teaching).
6. The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and department established standards.
1. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of professionals within the university or clinical setting.
2. Demonstrated leadership in education and/or clinical practice.
3. Professional association membership with demonstrated active participation and commitment to service.
4. Experience and/or interest in clinical research.
5. Certification in one or more physical therapy specialties.
6. Acute/inpatient/long term care experience.
Only applications submitted for this specific posting through the Texas State University website, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/20219, will be accepted and considered. To apply send letter of intent that specifically addresses the qualifications noted in this posting, current curriculum vitae, and unofficial transcripts.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Proposed Start Date: Fall 2018
Open Until Filled? Yes
Review Date: 11/01/2017
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.