Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor in Physical Therapy #20180036FAC
Position Title: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor
Job Posting Number: 20180036FAC
Job Location: Round Rock
College of Health Professions
Department of Physical Therapy
Position Description: The Department of Physical Therapy at Texas State University is seeking faculty at the assistant professor, associate professor, or professor rank for a nine-month tenure track appointment with possible summer employment annually. Rank and salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications. Faculty responsibilities include teaching, scholarship, student academic/research advising, and service in the entry-level DPT program. The ideal candidate will have university teaching that enhances the department’s teaching, scholarship, and service across a variety of settings.
1. Earned doctorate in physical therapy or related field (terminal degree).
2. Licensed or eligible for licensure as a Physical Therapist by State of Texas.
3. At least 5 years of clinical practice experience and recent/current clinical engagement if employed in an academic setting.
4. Experience in teaching the musculoskeletal system.
5. Demonstrated ability to establish a program of scholarship.
6. Record of accomplishments in scholarship, teaching, and service, appropriate for appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor (less than five years teaching), Associate Professor (minimum five years teaching), or Professor (minimum of 10 years teaching).
7. The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and department established standards.
1. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of professionals within the university or clinical setting.
2. Demonstrated leadership in education and/or clinical practice.
3. Professional association membership with demonstrated active participation and commitment to service.
4. Experience conducting research, securing grant funding, and peer reviewed manuscript publication.
5. Certification in one or more physical therapy specialties.
Only applications submitted for this specific posting through the Texas State University website, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/20218, will be accepted and considered. To apply send letter of intent that specifically addresses the qualifications noted in this posting, current curriculum vitae, and unofficial transcripts.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Proposed Start Date: Fall 2018
Open Until Filled? Yes
Review Date: 11/01/2017
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.