Director of GWSON Simulation and Experiential Learning Center
I. RECRUITMENT PLAN
Posting Number: F001083 Academic Title: Director of GWSON Simulation and Experiential Learning Center Rank: Open Rank Administrative Title: Director of GWSON Simulation and Experiential Learning Center Discipline Nursing Specialty: Simulation Contract Type: Non-Tenure Track Required Licenses/Certifications and other Specific Requirements: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Proposed Start Date: 07/01/2017 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Position Description Summary:
Reporting to the Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, the Director of the Simulation and Experiential Learning Center (SEL) is a faculty position responsible for reating a shared multi-year programmatic vision in coordination with key stakeholders and for planning, designing, implementing, and evaluating program courses and simulation-based learning across the continuum of learning. Primary responsibilities include management of the simulation center, coordination of simulation activities across programs and communities, faculty development, future planning, marketing and guiding use of the Simulation Lab/Center for training and research. As a member of the SON faculty, the incumbent will actively seek opportunities for and participate in School of Nursing and university shared governance.Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the use of the School of Nursing's simulation resources including lab space, equipment and personnel.
• Coordinate the schedule of programs among users to establish levels of priorities and maximize operational time.
• Coordinate curricular integration of simulation throughout the academic programs of the schools and with interprofessional initiatives.
• Development and implement a standardized patient program.
• Prepare reports on all program activities, standards, accreditation requirements, external meetings, educational concerns, and student successes.
• Develop and enforce policies and procedures to ensure the safe, effective, and efcient use of the lab space, equipment, and supplies.
• Manage the financial expenditures of the Center.
• Plan for replacement of existing equipment and purchase of new technology.
• Coordinate facility improvements and new equipment deployment.
• Ensure that quality assurance systems are in place, utilize and effective.
• Coordinates the design and implementation of educational programs for faculty development and continuing education in use of simulation and innovations in clinical education.
• Teaches and advises nursing students as needed.
• Collaborates with program/ course coordinator in the design and evaluation of programs to ensure that instruction is consistent with national professional standards to assure skill and knowledge competencies of graduates.
• Collaborate with program/course coordinator in the development of curricular integration of state-of- the-art instructional technologies/simulation throughout the academic programs of the school and with interprofessional education initiatives.
• Collaborates with Online Learning and Instructional Technology (OLIT) to design and deliver onsite, web-based or distance learning simulation experiences. Collaborates and assists with IRB-approved research studies.
• Oversees the collection of data on learning outcomes for simulation exercises and collaborates with faculty on disseminating ndings.
• Seeks grant funding to support innovative simulation programs.
• Publishes and maintains scholarship in the field.
• Maintains active involvement in professional organizations.
• Represents SON at regional and national conference.
• Raise awareness of the use of simulation resources internally and externally through entrepreneurial and grant funded opportunities and peer reviewed publications.
• Serves as an educational consultant and external face to internal and external constituencies.
• Develops entrepreneurial initiatives related to clinical simulation that extend beyond academic programming to optimize revenue and available resource opportunities.
• Direct supervision of center personnel (manager, sim operators) (i.e.: expectation and goal setting, coaching/feedback, monitoring progress, etc.).
• Create, modify and nalize appropriate job descriptions for existing and evolving program staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Master's degree in nursing, education, health professions, or a related eld.
• 3-5 years' experience in simulation-based education and training, evaluation of outcomes, patient safety, and implementation of innovative simulation-based education and training programs or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Experience working diverse and underserved populations
• Experience with the use and maintenance of simulation equipment.
• Experience working collaboratively and effectively with faculty, students, administration, and staff.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to represent simulation resources internally and to external constituencies.
• Demonstrated ability to advance the university's and school's commitment to diversity and inclusion through research, teaching, and outreach with relevant program, goals, and activities
• Excellent analytical, problem solving skills, and computer/technological skills including project management
• Experience in preparing operational/status reports and managing budgets
To apply, please complete the online application at http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/41299. Please upload the following: (1) a cover letter outlining qualifications, teaching and clinical experience, (2) a CV, (3) two recent teaching evaluations, (4) copies of two key publications or writing samples and (5) contact information for 3 references. Cover letters should be addressed to Pamela Jeffries, Dean, GW School of Nursing. Review of applications will begin March 30, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. Only completed applications will be considered.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Employment offers are contingent on the satisfactory outcome of a standard background screening.
All faculty hiring decisions will be contingent upon final approval by the Board of Trustees.Department Link: Posting Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.Quick Link http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/41299
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's degree in nursing, education, health professions, or a related eld?
- * Do you have 3-5 years of experience in simulation-based education and training, evaluation of outcomes, patient safety, and implementation of innovative simulation-based education and training programs or an equivalent combination of training and experience?
- * Do you have experience working with diverse and underserved populations?
- * Do you have experience with the use and maintenance of simulation equipment?
- * Do you have experience working collaboratively and effectively with faculty, students, administration, and staff?
- * Do you possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to represent simulation resources internally and to external constituencies?
- * Do you demonstrate excellent analytical, problem-solving skills, and computer/technological skills, including project management?
- * Do you have experience in preparing operational/status reports, and managing budgets?
- * Do you possess a demonstrated ability to advance the university's and school's commitment to diversity and inclusion through research, teaching, and outreach with relevant program, goals, and activities?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Sample Publications
- Names and Contact Information for References
- Course Evaluations or Summaries