I. RECRUITMENT PLAN
Posting Number: F001073 Academic Title: Assistant Professor Rank: Assistant Professor Administrative Title: Director, Family Nurse Practitioner Program Discipline Nursing Specialty: Contract Type: Non-Tenure Track, Renewable Appointment (initial appt period) - 07/01/2017-6/30/2020 Required Licenses/Certifications and other Specific Requirements: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search, This position requires a licensure, certification, or special requirements Proposed Start Date: 07/01/2017 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Position Description Summary:
The George Washington University (GW) School of Nursing invites applications for a Director to provide academic leadership and supervision for the FNP Program. This is a full-time Assistant Professor faculty position, non-tenure track. Start date for this position is as early as July 1, 2017.Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of the FNP Program is expected to:
• participate in student recruitment, admissions, and advisement;
• teach courses in her/his area of expertise;
• assure clinical affiliation agreements are in place for FNP students;
• forecast student enrollments;
• track academic progression of students in the program, providing appropriate support and guidance as needed;
• assist in the recruitment and selection of program faculty;
• monitor compliance with program accreditation/certification standards
• publish and maintain scholarship in his/her field
• maintain active involvement in professional organizations related to specialty area;
• actively seek opportunities for and participate in GW School of Nursing and faculty governance; and
• maintain a clinical practice and
• perform any additional duties that are relevant to this position
Applicants must have: (1) a Doctorate in nursing, education, public health or related field by the date of appointment; (2) certification as an FNP; (3) eligibility for unencumbered DC and VA licensure; (4) experience working with/teaching diverse groups/diverse students; (5) NP experience in family primary care; (6) an established/developing body of scholarship as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications and/or funded grants in the area.Advertised Salary: Other Benefits: Other Information: Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please complete an online faculty application at http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/40714 Please upload the following: (1) a cover letter outlining qualifications, teaching and clinical experience, (2) a CV, (3) two recent teaching evaluations, (4) copies of two key publications or writing samples. Cover letters should be addressed to Pamela Jeffries, Dean, GW School of Nursing. Review of applications will begin March 2, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be considered.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Employment offers are contingent on the satisfactory outcome of a standard background screening.Department Link: Posting Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.Quick Link http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/40714
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Will you have a doctorate in nursing, education, public health or related field by the date of appointment?
- * Are you a certified Family Nurse Practitioner?
- * Are you eligible for an unencumbered nursing license in DC and VA?
- * Do you have experience working with/teaching diverse groups/diverse students?
- * Do you have NP experience in family primary care?
- * Can you demonstrate an established/developing body of scholarship as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications and/or funded grants in the area?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Sample Publications
- Course Evaluations or Summaries