Postdoctoral Scholar in Ultrafast Nonlinear X-ray Spectroscopy; Theory and Computations - Prof. Muk
Open August 9th, 2017 through June 30th, 2018
POSTDOCTORAL SCHOLAR POSITIONS
ULTRAFAST NONLINEAR X-RAY SPECTROSCOPY; THEORY AND COMPUTATIONS
(A) Attosecond X-ray Spectroscopy of Molecules
Developing time-dependent many-body approaches to nonlinear x-ray core-electron spectra and their description in terms of real-space and real-time wavepackets of electrons and nuclei. Computational tools will be implemented for the design and analysis of measurements involving multiple ultrafast optical and x-ray pulses.
(B) Nonlinear Spectroscopy with Quantum Optical Fields
Novel optical signals which use entangled photons, pulse shaping, and coherent control algorithms are designed and simulated for probing vibrational and exciton dynamics in molecular aggregates and semiconductor nanostructures.
Recent Ph.D. is required (2013 or later). Salary will be commensurate with experience. Please apply online at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04229 and send a curriculum vitae, publication list and arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent to:
Professor Shaul Mukamel
Department of Chemistry
1102 Natural Sciences 2
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697-2025
- "Multidimensional Attosecond Resonant X-ray Spectroscopy of Molecules; Lessons from the Optical Regime", J. Biggs, D. Healion, Y. Zhang, and S. Mukamel. Ann Rev Phys Chem, 64, 101-127 (2013).
- "Suppression of Population transport and Control of Exciton Distributions by Entangled Photons ", F. Schlawin, K.E. Dorfman, B.P. Fingerhut, and S. Mukamel. Nature Communications, 4:1782: DOI: 10.1038/ncomms2802 (2013).
- "Catching Conical Intersections in the Act; Monitoring Transient Electronic Coherences by Attosecond Stimulated X-ray Raman Signals", Markus Kowalewski, Kochise Bennett, Konstantin Dorfman, and Shaul Mukamel. Phys. Rev. Lett. 115, 193003 (2015).
- Nonlinear optical signals and spectroscopy with quantum light", Konstantin E. Dorfman, Frank Schlawin, and Shaul Mukamel. Rev. Mod. Phys. 88, 045008 (2016) arXiv:1605.06746v1
- "Multidimensional Resonant Nonlinear Spectroscopy with Coherent Broadband X-ray Pulses", Kochise Bennett, Yu Zhang, Markus Kowalewski, Weijie Hua, and Shaul Mukamel. 2016 Phys. Scr. T169,014002. Proccedings of a Nobel symposium
- "Cavity femtochemistry; Manipulating nonadiabatic dynamics at avoided crossings", Markus Kowalewski, Kochise Bennett, and Shaul Mukamel. J. Phys. Chem. Lett ,2016, 7, 2050-2054
- "Two-dimensional infrared spectroscopy of vibrational polaritons of molecules in an optical cavity", Prasoon Saurabh and Shaul Mukamel. JCP, 144, 124115 (2016)
- "Monitoring Nonadiabatic Avoided Crossing Dynamics in Molecules by Ultrafast X-Ray Diffraction", Markus Kowalewski, Kochise Bennett, and Shaul Mukamel. Structural Dynamics, 4, 054101 (2017)
- "Photoinduced molecular chirality probed by ultrafast resonant X-ray spectroscopy". Jeremy R. Rouxel, Markus Kowalewski, and Shaul Mukamel. Structural Dynamics. 4, 044006 (2017); doi: 10.1063/1.4974260
- "Simulating Coherent Multidimensional Spectroscopy of Nonadiabatic Molecular Processes; from the Infrared to the X-ray Regime", ", Markus Kowalewski ,Benjamin Fingerhut, Konstantin Dorfman, Kochise Bennett and Shaul Mukamel. Chem Rev (accepted, 2017). DOI: 10.1021/acs.chemrev.7b00081
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
More information about this recruitment: https://www.chem.uci.edu/
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V. including publication list
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3-5 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now