RESEARCH PROGRAM COORDINATOR
RESEARCH PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Duke Human Vaccine Institute - Admin
DHVI Contracts Program Coordinator
The Program Coordinator position will be responsible for assisting with programmatic and administrative aspects of contracts and research programs within the Duke Human Vaccine Institute (DHVI). The position will be a support resource for the contracts portfolio of the DHVI to include the External Quality Assurance Program Oversight Laboratory (EQAPOL) and the Duke Vaccine and Trials Unit (DVTU). The DVTU supports the DMID-funded Vaccine and Treatment Evaluation Unit (VTEU), DAIDS-funded HIV Vaccine Trials Network (HVTN) and CDC-funded Clinical Immunization Safety Assessment (CISA) Project. The DHVI Contracts Program Coordinator will work closely with Investigators, Clinical Study Coordinators and Program Managers to achieve the goals of the DHVI Contracts Portfolio.
- Coordinate and facilitate monthly and/or quarterly reporting related to contracts within the DVTU and EQAPOL. Collaborate with groups across Duke to monitor progress reports and milestones and coordinate the process to ensure contract reporting requirements are completed and submitted in accordance with the deadlines for each program.
- For the DVTU program, organize and take minutes for weekly internal programmatic meetings with DVTU staff. Participate in study calls with DMID and CDC study teams and assist in taking minutes and managing action items when needed.
- For the EQAPOL program, organize and take minutes for bi-weekly internal programmatic meetings. Organize and coordinate conference calls with project leaders, EQAPOL site participants or other collaborators. Take and distribute detailed minutes.
- Assist with tracking quality management (QM) reports and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the DVTU program. Use electronic tracking systems to alert necessary staff of when a study is due for QM and an SOP is due for review. Maintain electronic records of QM documents and SOPs.
- Maintain training documentation for the DVTU study staff including CITI, HSP, and GCP, DMID training, CISA training and other relevant trainings. Maintain and update a database to track training due dates and completion dates; alert staff of outdated training as needed. Provide training requirements to new study team members and assist them with questions regarding training.
- Assist with maintaining EQAPOL and DVTU websites to include adding new staff members, updating important dates, and updating new studies.
- Assist in preparing documents and logistics for EQAPOL proficiency testing send-outs. Preparation includes reagent /inventory preparation, monitoring schedules, tracking controlled documents, supporting quality assurance oversite and editing web system.
- Perform other duties as assigned by DHVI and Program Management leadership.
EDUCATION: Work requires a basic science background normally acquired through a high school education. Associate's / Bachelor's degree or equivalent coursework or training is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Work requires 6 years of clinical, research, or scientific administration experience in a healthcare, medical, or research setting. Educational degree (s) can substitute for experience.
691 RESEARCH SPECIALIST
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a basic science background normally acquired through high school education.
Work requires six years of research experience OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.