Intercollegiate Athletics - ASSISTANT COACH - WOMEN'S CREW (PART-TIME)
Vacancy ID S2161 Job Title ASSISTANT COACH - WOMEN'S CREW (PART-TIME) Department Intercollegiate Athletics School/Parent Organization Student Affairs/Campus Life Parent Org Division Provost and Educational Affairs Division Employment Category Parttime-Regular Anticipated start date 09/05/2017 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 25 Weeks Per Year 19 Normal Start Time 8:30 AM Normal End Time 5:00 PM Position/Job Summary
As a member of the coaching staff responsibilities include working closely with the Head Coach to develop and coach an NCAA Division III athletic team. Actively ensure compliance with all NCAA and Ithaca College rules and regulations; participate in establishing goals and objectives for each season; assessing overall standings, division rank, and identifying a strategy for improving and/or maintaining the team's national standings and the NCAA Division III ranking. Design and provide instruction on individual and team skills and physical health and safety to student athletes. The Assistant Coach participates in fundraising projects and other activities promoting the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics.
1. Participate in planning and conducting in-season and where appropriate and permissible non-traditional and post-season team/individual athlete practices and competitions; using ones own discretion and independent judgment develop and implement conditioning programs for teams and or/individuals.
2. Design instructions for individual student athletes and for specific team needs, and teach proper skills, skill development, and team concepts to student athletes.
3. Provide student athletes with instruction regarding physical health and safety and promote student athlete safety and well being.
4. Participate in the analysis of opponent performance and provide recommendations for strategies and tactics for utilization during competition play.
5. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
6. Participate in establishing goals and objectives for each season in consultation with the head coach to include assessing overall standings, division rank and identifying a strategy for improving and/or maintaining the team's national standings and the NCAA Division III ranking; complete various reports and establish and maintain accurate records of all team data and statistics.
7. Participate in recruitment efforts to include actively developing recruitment strategies, identifying students to recruit and high schools to visit; provide recommendations to the head coach and carry out correspondence with prospective student athletes by mail, telephone, and e-mail.
8. Evaluate and participate in the selection of student athletes to include assessment of individual academic eligibility and overall skill levels; coordinate the process of selecting, maintaining, monitoring and evaluating team members to include athlete talent assessment, academic eligibility and individual sport performance.
9. Monitor the academic progress of assigned student athletes and ensure compliance with NCAA, College, and conference regulations; provide council to student athletes regarding goals, academic success and other personal and sport related issues.
10. Participate in campus visits and various meetings with recruits and other members of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, including the Director.
11. Provide assistance with establishing and arranging practice and competition schedules; ensure appropriate travel arrangements have been made to include mode of transportation, lodging, and meals; submit an itinerary to the Director of Athletics and Associate Director as scheduled.
12. Oversee the distribution and recovery of all equipment and uniforms; recommend the purchase or replacement of uniforms and equipment.
13. Assist the head coach in identifying problems and/or concerns regarding athletic facilities.
14. Engage in various fundraising projects and related programs and activities promoting the athletics program; ensuring sport specific fundraising goals are met; participate in public relations opportunities with faculty, staff, students, alumni, and news media.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of one year of related experience; demonstrated ability to plan and conduct in-season and non-traditional and post-season team/individual athlete practices and competitions; experience developing and implement conditioning programs for teams and or/individuals, experience recruiting athletes, scheduling and coordinating special events or athletic contest; excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment are required. Previous experience working in a college or university athletics department is highly desired.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume, cover letter and list of three professional references. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? No
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).