College Relations and Communications - ASSISTANT DIRECTOR - ENROLLMENT MARKETING
Vacancy ID S2121 Job Title ASSISTANT DIRECTOR - ENROLLMENT MARKETING Department College Relations and Communications School/Parent Organization Institutional Advancement and Communication Parent Org Division Institutional Advancement and College Relations Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 07/24/2017 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52.2 Normal Start Time 8:30 AM Normal End Time 5:00 PM Position/Job Summary
The Assistant Director supports the Director in providing strategic communication consultation and developing and implementing a marketing and communication strategy to promote the value of Ithaca College. These efforts contribute to the recruitment, retention and graduation of undergraduate and graduate students and the engagement of students, alumni, families, faculty, staff and other college community members.
• Assist in developing and executing strategic marketing communication plans in support of college-wide and school-based undergraduate and graduate admission goals. Plans should include audience descriptions, timelines, budgets, and a mechanism for evaluation.
• Assist in providing marketing and communications consultation for enrollment mangagement and admission leadership and proactively advise on use of paid advertising, social media strategy, email campaigns and use of other platforms. Advise and offer strategic consultation/direction for major events, conferences, and projects. Create, design, and update strategic recruitment materials in collaboration with the director of enrollment marketing communications.
• Coordinate the development and curation of recruitment-related web content to ensure content accuracy and consistency and optimize presentation.
• Recommend and conduct market research to test effectiveness of communications as needed; use results to evaluate current programs and formulate future plans.
• In support of marketing plans, create informative, persuasive, and inspiring content and serve as a project manager on high-level projects from conception to completion.
• Develop and demonstrate multicultural awareness and help cultivate an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students, and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment, and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
• Partner with the academics and enrichment marketing team as needed to execute strategies designed to meet recruitment goals within the overall college plan. Partner with others within the Office of College Relations and Communications to bridge strategies and utilize functional expertise to maximize the impact of marketing and communication efforts. Partner with colleagues to increase engagement, generate leads, share news and research, and execute strategies and deliverables.
• Serve as a lead generator for the news and public affairs team, sharing news and opportunities uncovered through work with enrollment management for the college's various platforms and ensure consistent and appropriate messaging, publicity, and communication related to assigned schools and departments.
• Work with the creative direction and development and digital strategy teams, pulling in appropriate research and support when necessary, to inform and execute deliverables. Collaborate to produce resources and templates to meet established enrollment marketing needs.
• Capability to effectively articulate, present, and explain recommendations
• Collaborative team-player
• Knowledge of digital marketing, user experience, email marketing, branding, social media, and event management and promotion.
• Ability to plan and manage projects
• An eye for what makes a good story
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent writing and presentation skills
• Proactively identify opportunities for growth and identify solutions to challenges
• Knowledge of higher education recruitment cycles
• Ability to work effectively and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment.
• Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or related field
• Minimum of 3 year's related work experience
• Experience working with campus partners, assessing needs, and providing solutions
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment.
• Excellent written communication skills and ability to copy edit and proofread
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume, cover letter and list of three professional references. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $48,000 - $53,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).