Employee Relations and Development - HUMAN RESOURCES INVESTIGATOR
Vacancy ID S2164 Job Title HUMAN RESOURCES INVESTIGATOR Department Employee Relations and Development School/Parent Organization Human Resources Parent Org Division Legal Affairs Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 10/02/2017 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52 Normal Start Time 8:00 am Normal End Time 5:00 pm Position/Job Summary
Responsible for investigating allegations of sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, gender based discrimination, protected class discrimination and harassment involving faculty, staff, and students of the College. Assist in ensuring that the College meets related compliance standards and best practices. Conduct a prompt, thorough and equitable investigation when complaints are filed as assigned. Serve as a neutral party in the investigation and provide detailed, unbiased reports regarding the findings of the investigation. Collaborate with other campus offices including but not limited to Title IX, Human Resources, Judicial Affairs, Office of Public safety, and Academic Affairs within the parameters of College policy.
• Conduct investigations with a culturally sensitive and trauma-informed approach
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Develop and implement case management plans for each assigned and reported allegation
• Identify and execute College policies that are relevant to an allegation/complaint
• Oversee and ensure thorough, reliable and impartial investigations of reports and allegations of any and all forms of discriminatory action
• Conduct thorough interviews during the investigatory process
• Compose comprehensive written investigative reports that clearly identify the issues and findings
• Make reliable, reasonable, and sound recommendations for resolving claims
• Ensure ongoing compliance with Title IX by collecting and analyzing data, writing comprehensive reports and maintaining records of investigations
• Assist in maintaining requested statistics and data for reporting purposes
• Maintain database related to claim and issues
• Build relationships with colleagues of the College community
• Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, and students at all levels of the College community
• Assist with the presentation of anti-discriminatory and anti-harassment educational materials to the campus community
• Develop and create reports to assess trends and identify areas of concern in the College community
• Maintain an understanding of developments in policies, best practices, and governing law with regard to discrimination, harassment and investigatory practices
• Perform additional duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of professional experience, with significant experience in conducting investigations as related to the position or an equivalent combination of professional and investigatory experience
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment.
• Strong skills in the areas of conflict resolution, problem solving techniques, interviewing and investigating
• Ability to asses and negotiate complex and highly sensitive situations
• Skills in writing concise and logical analytical report to convey complex issues
• Ability to maintain neutrality during investigation and resolution process
• Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment
• Ability to maintain professional and productive working relationships with all levels of the College community
• Working knowledge of compliance regulations as related to the job description
• Ability to effectively organize resources and establish priorities
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).