Manager of Athletic Communications
This 12-month position will assist in the communication and promotion of Saint Leo University's 20-sport NCAA Division II athletics program
In addition to a resume, the following documents are required for consideration. Please upload documents in one file (.PDF or Word) to the APPLICANT PACKET section of the application:
- Cover letter
- Upload a document (PDF, MS Word, etc.) with two (2) writing samples;
- Upload a PDF document or provide a link to an online source with three (3) examples of graphic work done in Adobe Photoshop.
- Support the University's mission and core values as a contributing member of the University's community.
- Supervise data entry and tracking of in-game and cumulative statistics.
- Responsible for writing releases, preparing game programs, updating statistics/ records/rosters and maintaining historical archives.
- Assist in maintaining and updating www.saintleolions.com and social media for Saint Leo athletics.
- Assist in game day operations with duties included, but not limited to, live stats, scorer's table/press box staffing, and preparation of game day scripts.
- Act as a liaison between coaches, student-athletes, sports programs and athletic department with local, regional and national media to maximize coverage and exposure for Athletics through both traditional and new media sources.
- Assist in the planning, promotion and organization of departmental special events.
- Serve as primary athletic communications contact for select sports (TBD).
- Identify creative avenues and new technologies to enhance the Saint Leo University athletics brand, and promote the university core values and NCAA Division II philosophy across campus and to the surrounding community.
- Other duties as assigned by Athletics Director, Assistant Athletics Director for Communications, or Director of Athletics Communications.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Minimum of one year of related experience in communications field (NCAA athletics preferred)
- Working knowledge of computer applications and software including MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator/InDesign/Photoshop) programs.
- Working knowledge of The Automated Scorebook/StatCrew statistical software
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Mac OS operating systems
- Developed knowledge of mainstream social media sites and social media mobile applications
- Familiarity with website content management systems, SIDEARM and/or PrestoSports preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate with athletic department, University, community and media outlets
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and collaboratively with internal and external constituencies
- Team oriented and willing to multitask efficiently and effectively
- Willing to work weekends, evenings and travel
- Some lifting will be required
Job ID 2017-1603
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo