Administrative Associate for Academic Support and Research
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 08-11-2017
The purpose of this position is to assist the Associate Dean for Academic support in all endeavors concerning the operations of the college including project management, assisting and advising on special projects, serving as facilitator/liaison with various university offices and external constituencies. This role also supports the Associate Dean for Research in areas including compiling and analyzing data, grant acquisition, and management.
Critical to the role is the ability to manage multiple priorities, including graduate assistant placements, student scholarship awards, faculty/course evaluations, and faculty scholarship activities.
This position requires a high level of confidentiality given the nature of the data being handled.
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Any one or any combination totaling five (5) years (60 months) from the following categories:
(a) College course work in business, finance, accounting or a related field:
- 60 semester hours or an Associate's degree equals one (1) year (12 months)
- 90 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
- 120 semester hours or a Bachelor's degree equals three (3) years (36 months)
- Master's degree or higher equals four (4) years (48 months)
(b) Progressively more responsible general or specialized office experience which included aspects of supervising staff or job function, organizing, and performing duties that lead to knowledge of generally accepted office principles
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, then employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Bachelor's degree in education, business administration, or a related field.
2. Two (2) years of full-time business or administrative experience.
3. One (1) year experience creating, compiling, and analyzing reports involving complex integration of data sets.
4. Knowledge of collecting, retrieving, and compiling of data for the development of various college, university and external reports.
5. Skill in developing and maintaining work relationships.
6. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
7. Ability to work effectively with internal and external contacts.
8. Ability and inclination towards decision making.
9. Knowledge of spelling, grammar, punctuation, sentence/ paragraph structure and formatting.
10. Ability to use mail merge and demonstrate competency with various software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
11. Ability to work independently and exercise judgment in order to analyze and investigate a variety of questions or problems.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.