Requisition # 2017-7873
Department MRC for Iran/Persian Gulf Stdy
Category Administrative Support
Date Posted 2 months ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Part-Time
The Sharmin and Bijan Mossavar-Rahmani Center for Iran and Persian Gulf Studies is an interdisciplinary center at Princeton University. Its academic mission is to serve as a non-political and non-governmental educational resource that supports scholarship on Iran and the Persian Gulf, including research into the history, literature, art, and culture of the region, from ancient Iran to today. The center supports and brings public attention to the independent academic research of students, faculty, and scholars through events such as seminars, lectures, and conferences, as well as cultural activities including art exhibits, music, films, and translations.
We are seeking an organized and collaborative professional with Persian language competence (written and verbal), to support the events of the Center. This is a part time position (approximately 29 hours/week) which we anticipate moving to full time hours within 1-2 years. Specific hours can be discussed upon interview, though some event-related night and weekend work is required during the academic year (September-May).
Please submit a cover letter along with resume for full consideration.
Reporting directly to the Center Manager with a secondary reporting relationship to the Center Director, the responsibilities of the Event Coordinator will be to:
- Serve as primary coordinator for organizing and implementing Center events
- This includes but is not limited to: speaker travel arrangements, reimbursement and honoraria payments; venue and catering reservations, A/V and videography logistics, on-site organization and staffing; coordination of publicity materials design, marketing outreach through university systems and communications channels; post-event accounting, website updates, and video production-related assignments
- Provide communications and administrative support to Center manager and associates.
- This includes but is not limited to: Center-related correspondence in English and Persian; contributing to news and event bulletins; mailing list expansion and maintenance; updates to website content and event-related listings; helping serve as a resource to scholars pursuing Iran and Gulf-related research; participation in staff and team meetings; involvement with website re-design and training for new web platform; purchasing/procurement of materials and facilities-related responsibilities; other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 1-3 years relevant work experience is required
- Persian language competence (written and verbal)
- Strong organizational skills and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and collaboratively with others, responsive and accountable to deadlines, adapts well to changing needs
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, and basic website editing; demonstrated ability and desire to learn new software and website systems
- Previous experience with event-planning and working in an office environment
- Some event-related night and weekend work is required during the academic year (September-May)
- Understanding of higher educational institutions (particularly in an international setting)
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.