Purchasing Manager - Wholesale/Distributor
We are seeking a Purchasing Manager to join our team!
10+ years of prior buying experience required along with at least 5 years of management experience over a team of buyers.
We require a majority of your experience required in wholesale distribution environment.
The successful candidate must be armed with significant B2B purchasing, inventory level management and vendor relations experience.
We are a multi-location distribution company with a centralized purchasing department.
You will be responsible for the direct purchasing of inventory, inventory management across three warehouses, vendor relations and coordination with cross-functional departmental goals.
- Supervise, manage and develop team of buyers
- Integrate with other departments to ensure efficient inventory and sales management
- Evaluate available supply channels to increase product value and reduce production cost
- Negotiate contracts with outside vendors
- Establish and monitor budget
- Analyze and assess demand for inventory
- Log and record all invoices and purchasing orders
- Monitor inventory and storage
- Develop and implement purchasing policies and procedures
- Assist other departmental management teams as needed
- Manage inventory levels across multiple warehouses
- Assist with management and development of vendor relations
- Efficiently execute purchase orders on a timely basis
- Analyze and anticipate marketplace for trends and product development and customer needs
- Develop effective and productive relations with all existing vendors
- Anticipate appropriate levels for inventory across warehouse and vendors
- Provide detailed and accurate inventory levels and forecasting
- Maintain/document weekly inventory levels & goals, provide timely reports & account analysis
- Prepare order configurations & price quotes efficiently with a sense of urgency and professionalism
- Analyze sales and inventory statistics to determine opportunities and appropriate inventory levels
- Effectively interact with all company departments and all levels of staff
- Collaborate and build strong cross-departmental teams for common goals
- Represent the Company at all relevant trade shows and vendor visits
- Assist with setting specials and understand buying habits
- Previous experience as a purchasing manager AND senior buyer
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
Fri, 11 Aug 2017 09:21:10 PDT