Early Childhood Educator I
Provide a quality nurturing environment for a diverse population of children ages 15 months to kindergarten. This position in collaboration with Early Childhood Educator II and the directors, serves by developing and/or implementing lesson plans, teaching developmentally appropriate curriculum, guides University student employees and directs information for evaluation of student employees and children. This position aids in providing information towards working with families.
Who we are:
Located at the foot of the Rocky Mountains, the University of Colorado Boulder has an awe-inspiring view from campus. Our world-renowned faculty maintain a reputation for excellence in research, creative work and teaching across 150 academic fields. From hands-on learning to close connections with dedicated faculty, CU-Boulder prepares students to become leaders within Colorado and throughout the world.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Health and Safety
- Ensures safety of children by monitoring indoor and outdoor equipment, communicating any concerns to ECE II or director.
- Maintains health standards following procedures for food preparation, diapering, medication administration, etc.
- Remains current on certifications including CPR, First Aid, UP, Child Abuse, and Medication Administration.
- Follows NAEYC, DAP, Federal Food, Health Department and licensing guidelines.
- Provides guidance as needed for students, assistants and volunteers.
- Supervises and interacts with children by planning and implementing age-appropriate activities.
- Uses appropriate Guidance Techniques.
- Develops good relationships with parents by communicating in a friendly manner at drop off and pick up time.
- Refers parents to ECE I or II when concerns or questions arise.
- Provides positive customer service and information, handles difficult situations with finesse.
- Helps parents to understand behavior and development.
- Assures continual professional growth by attending staff in-services, workshops, and conferences.
- Completes all department required trainings and 15 hours of licensing training requirements. Keeps training log up-to-date.
- Demonstrates flexibility in working with different teams, and handling a variety of situations.
- Maintains a positive attitude and relationships with others.
What you should know:
- This is a regular full-time position working from 8:30-5:30, Monday through Friday.
What we can offer:
The monthly salary for this opportunity is $2,600.00. The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Collaborative. Be Impactful. Be Talented. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Early Childhood Teacher qualified in the State of Colorado.
What we'd like you to have:
- Two years of experience working with small groups of young children unrelated to the applicant.
- Experience working in a NAEYC Accredited program.
- Early Childhood Education courses.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by August 28th, 2017
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Name-10671.
During upload, please indicate the type of document to ensure accurate submission.
Please do not upload references at this time. References will be requested separately for potential finalists.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10391 - Housing-Administration
Posting Date: Aug 11, 2017
Closing Date: Aug 28, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00737199