CWTS Program Assistant
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics
CWTS Program Assistant (Program Assistant I)
Position #722831 - Requisition 10688
The Department of Pediatrics has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) CWTS Program Assistant (Program Assistant I) position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
As a Program Coordinator for the Child Welfare Training System (CWTS) project, this position will provide program coordination by utilizing critical thinking skills and appropriate judgment. This position will oversee the day-to-day coordination of projects and regularly interact with fellow staff/faculty, stakeholders, and vendors to ensure smooth processes. This position will also work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure Concur reports, purchase orders, and monthly billings are done accurately and in a timely fashion.
Example of Work Performed:
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Assists the administrator and other professional by applying knowledge of and/or interpreting basic principles, rules, regulations, policies, precedents, other guidelines, and objectives specific to a program or professional subject area to resolve problems, answer questions and provide information, and/or advise others on technical program issues or matters.
- Analyzes, evaluates, develops, and implements work processes to achieve program efficiency and deliver needed services effectively.
- Organizes and establishes work processes to provide support to management, ensure the delivery of designated services, and implement rules, regulations, policies, and other guidelines as prescribed by management to achieve program objectives.
- Conserves director's time by preparing, researching, reading, reviewing, and routing correspondence; drafting reports, letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating communications.
- Maintains director's calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Secures and organizes project information by electronic filing.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; records meeting discussions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Leads special project coordination as assigned.
- Performs general administrative functions such as: copying, collating, binding, working desktop publishing and printing centers, preparing bulk copies and handouts, etc.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $ 46,260 - $ 50,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.jobsatcu.com/hr/postings/true.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Four (4) years of general clerical or administrative service experience, which included one year of project coordination experience (ex. maintaining schedules, analyzing data, preparing reports, initiating professional communications, etc.).
Substitution: College, university or non-correspondence business school course work may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the general experience, but not for the specific experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Psychology, Social Work, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience performing internet research.
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, etc.
- Experience with meeting coordination, scheduling and calendar management.
- Experience with travel planning and coordination.
- Experience creating and maintaining electronic database and filing systems.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to collaborate with team members, customers, and stakeholders, as well as being autonomously motivated and productive individual.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and communicate exceptionally verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated superior organization skills, highly skilled at coordinating multiple tasks simultaneously, and all while paying very careful attention to detail.
- Demonstrated positivity, strengths-based, solution-focused, thinking, language and interactions.
- Ability to proof and edit documents; excellent oral and written communication
- Highly skilled in multitasking
- Ability to operate and uphold the highest level of confidentiality.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Software and be technologically savvy.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues related to LCD projectors or speakers, Web conference coordination.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Ashley Andersen at Ashely.Andersen@childrenscolorado.org.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20932 - SOM-PEDS Kempe-GenOps
Posting Date: Aug 11, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Ashley Andersen
Posting Contact Email: Ashely.Andersen@childrenscolorado.org
Position Number: 00722831