IT Software Developer
IT Software Developer
SMS Assist is hiring a Software Developer to joing our IT team.
We are looking for a Software Developer with 3 - 5 years of experience to join our IT team. As a Software designer you will play a key role in designing, testing, and maintinening our software & platform. You will act as a superuser - problem solving and trouble shooting issues as they arise. In the Software Developer role you will add to the system to enhance usability. Additionally as a Software Developer you should be able to provide some program training and assistance to newer associates.
Core Responsibilities of a Software Developer:
- Perform a variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements.
- Code, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology.
- Refine data and format final product.
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Test and develop programming modifications.
- Write new program code using prescribed specifications.
- Evaluate simple interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of supervisor.
- Confer with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Write and maintain programming documentation.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Assist personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education Requirements of a Software Developer:
- BS or foreign equivalent in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field
Work Experience Requirement of a Software Developer:
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a Software Developer or in a simialr role
- Expertise in current computer hardware and software
- Ability to use one or more development language (C++, PHP, HTML, .NET, etc.)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Eye for detail and identifying problems
- An understanding of business
- Analytical and commercial experience
Key components of a Software Developer:
- Excellent command of English language is a must
- High integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task
- Flexible and adaptable
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Detail orientated
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Open-minded and curious
- Team player
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
SMS Assist is a total outsourced facilities maintenance solution that delivers services to national and Fortune 500 customers through its cloud-based technology platform. The SMS Assist network of over 28,000 affiliates is integrated through technology, enabling it to deliver lower cost, higher quality service at over 120,000 locations.
Watch this video to learn more about SMS Assist's Smart Maintenance Solutions!
Wed, 9 Aug 2017 14:02:38 PDT