ALTEC Resource Coordinator (Program Assistant I)
The Anderson Language and Technology Center is now accepting applications for a Resource Coordinator (Program Assistant I). The position exists to organize, oversee and manage all of the multimedia and personnel resources at ALTEC by supervising the daily operation of the ALTEC multimedia library and its two computer classrooms, by supervising approximately 18 student hourly and work-study employees, by managing the Faculty/Staff Foreign Language Classes coordinating the Foreign Language Outreach Program, by assisting the Director in overseeing all financial aspects of the Center's budget and transactions in coordination with the Arts and Sciences FSC and by handling all course fees related purchases and communications.
Who we are:
ALTEC is part of the University of Colorado Boulder. We are a service department which supports the language learning community at the University and in the state of Colorado. Our offices and classrooms are located on the main Boulder campus on the south end of the Quad in the Hellems building. Of course you have already found our location on the internet, where we have a variety of language learning resources. If you look around you can find language materials for your class, academic discussions of language learning, or classes to improve your integration of technology in a language classroom. We hope you take some time to look around.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Oversight of the Multimedia Library
- Oversee the daily operations of the ALTEC multimedia library.
- Communicate and enforce policies and procedures related to facility/space allocations, material reservations, checkout and overdue items.
- Decide (determining, communicating and implementing) community user eligibility, monitoring all aspects of the overall activities and by researching, evaluating and developing objectives and strategic plans, policies and budgets for the ALTEC multimedia library.
- Recruit, hire, supervise and evaluate approximately 18 student employees with authority over pay, status, corrective and disciplinary actions.
- Design, implement and enforce work schedules and policies, provide training, monitor the material cataloguing, filing and circulation processes.
- Serve as liaison to the Arts and Sciences Financial Service Center (FSC) by compiling task requests (e.g. A-card reallocations, bi-weekly and monthly timesheets, setting up employees' appointments, payment and travel vouchers, cash receipts and PO/MPO purchases).
- Determine and specify funding sources.
- Oversee the quality and accuracy of tasks performed (e.g. monhtly account reconciliation reports, work-study vs. non-work-study time entries, maintenance of the purchase log and the monthly course fee committee budget reports).
- Inform the ALTEC staff on FSC policies and procedures.
- Monitor and control work-study awards for all student employees by communicating with the student employment office.
- Keep track of award amounts.
- Maintain award records.
- Request increases when necessary.
- Produce work-study budgetary projections for the Director and for the Course Fee Oversight Committee.
Administration of Faculty/Staff Foreign Language Classes
- Administer the ALTEC Faculty/Staff Foreign Language Classes.
- Design and develop policies including registration and refund eligibility.
- Identify and recruit qualified instructors.
- Schedule courses and classrooms (approximately 10 courses per semester).
- Advertise and promote the classes.
- Monitor the web registration and tuition collection process.
- Communicate with the enrollees.
- Conduct end-of-course evaluations.
- Perform all other necessary tasks in relation to the classes (e.g. preparing contracts and course packets for instructors, coordinating with the FSC on refunds and deposits... etc.).
- Perform all necessary tasks in relation to the classes for the Directed Independent Study Program (e.g. preparing contracts and course packets for instructors).
- Coordinate and administer ALTEC initiatives and projects (i.e. The Foreign Language Technology Program and the ALTEC Foreign Language Outreach Program).
- Attract and recruit participants and instructors.
- Promote and advertise events and programs.
- Schedule activities and rooms.
- Maintain official records including attendance.
- Develop and collect feedback on each event and recommend modifications of future activities to the Director.
- Purchase instructional materials by discovering and contacting domestic and international vendors to locate the requested items (i.e. domestic and foreign videos, audios, CDs, books, references, magazines and DVDs).
- Follow university rules and regulations regarding vendor status, foreign funds and tax codes and purchases office.
- Purchase computer classroom and lab supplies using appropriate purchasing methods.
- Keep records of transaction status for internal and external review and audits.
- Facilitate communication with the community by promoting ALTEC's programs.
- Welcome and assist new customers.
- Direct people to appropriate resources.
- Clarify ALTEC's policies and procedures.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned (e.g. serve as the change-fund custodian, as the liaison to Telecomm, Parking services, Safe Security Systems, Access Services, IKON Office Solutions, FedEx, UPS... etc.)
What we can offer:
The starting salary for this position is $ 3,885/monthly (pay grade H4R1).
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be diverse. Be resourceful. Be visionary. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- At least four years of general clerical or administrative service experience, which included one year of experience appropriate to the assignment.
- Substitution: College, university or non-correspondence business school course work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the general experience but not for the specific experience.
- At the agency's discretion, demonstrated proficiency on position competencies may substitute for the required experience.
What we'd like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution (BA or BS).
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Click here to view Special Instructions and General Information for Veterans and Classified Staff positions.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:Please apply by August 23, 2017. To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
3. DD-214 for veteran applicants.
4. If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-Job 10615.
Please do not upload references at this time. Special instructions and information for Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10244 - Anderson Language Tech Center
Posting Date: Aug 11, 2017
Closing Date: Aug 23, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00667488