Program Manager Alumni Relations and Events
Who we are:
The College of Arts and Sciences is the intellectual core of the university, conducting research, scholarship, creative work and education in more than 60 fields. Our research generates new knowledge, solving some of the world's most critical problems. The college leads nationally in undergraduate and graduate education, bringing world-class research and scholarship to our students, both in and out of the classroom. The College of Arts and Sciences comprises a vast spectrum of studies in the natural sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
The Arts and Sciences Alumni Relations and Events Program Manager is responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive alumni relations plan for the college. This includes creating opportunities for alumni engagement working in collaboration with the CU Boulder Alumni Association (CUBAA), the CU Boulder Office of Advancement and colleagues across campus. The position also serves as the department liaison with the Director of Communication for the College of Arts and Sciences. S/he will build solid working relationships with Advancement colleagues, faculty, staff and outside vendors to ensure successful, memorable events and alumni activities.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Alumni Relations -
- Create alumni relations annual plan and produce prior year analysis for presentation to the College of Arts and Sciences Dean.
- In collaboration with the CUBAA, develop plans and organize programs and activities designed to engage Arts and Sciences alumni to advance the college's strategic goals and foster a sense of affiliation to the college and its programs with alumni.
- Collaborate with the alumni coordinators group to optimize campus and college outreach efforts.
- Assess the impact of alumni interactions by tracking attendance and attendees' subsequent involvement with the College, such as volunteering or giving.
- Serve in a consultant role to college departments and programs on best practices for engaging alumni and directing them towards campus resources and opportunities (i.e. Homecoming).
- Identify, promote and support alumni-recognition opportunities via campus publications and alumni award nominations.
- Proactively identify candidates and develop nomination materials for the annual CU Boulder Alumni Awards ceremony.
Event planning - focused on creating alumni engagement, mostly in partnership with other units on campus:
- Execute events designed to engage alumni with the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Ensure compliance with campus and CU alcohol and event policies.
- Fill out appropriate CU forms to book and invite CU Leadership including President, Chancellor, CU Regents, CU System leadership and CU Foundation leadership as well as Deans and faculty leadership.
- Manage event vendors, including contract approval process.
- Manage electronic and mail invitations, as well as subsequent reminders.
- Handle parking requirements, event set-up and design, check-in, and decorations.
- Coordinate with development staff to write any talking points needed.
- Organize volunteers and advancement staff to assist at large events.
- Manage budget for events.
- Post Event follow-up: Review invoices, finalize payments to vendors and reconcile budget versus actual expenditures. Coordinate post-event analysis to assess options for improvement.
What you should know:
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- The position will involve some regional or national travel, when required.
- This position will regularly manage caterers, vendors, volunteers and event staff without having direct supervision over them.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be creative. Be inspired. Be effective. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 4 years of experience planning and executing events.
What you will need:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Expert ability to communicate verbally and in writing and develop and maintain interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to analyze information and situations and solve problems.
- Ability to handle sensitive information discreetly and to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to become the department expert in alumni relations best practices.
- Valid driver's license.
What we'd like you to have:
- Solid knowledge and experience in event and stewardship execution.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Advance donor tracking software, and Cvent.
- Experience with graphic design, page layout, photo editing, copy writing and editing, social networking, communications and event planning software.
- Experience working in Alumni Relations.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by August 14, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-10452.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: External Relations
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 11007 - UCB Development Administration
Posting Date: Jul 31, 2017
Closing Date: Aug 14, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00002271