Business Services Senior Professional
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine | Department of Emergency Medicine
Business Services Senior Professional
Position #737249 - Requisition 10706
The Department of Emergency Medicine has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Business Services Senior Professional position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The University of Colorado | Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Business Services Senior Professional. This full-time, University Staff position is responsible for providing project management, grants and financial support to the Department of Emergency Medicine. This includes: managing the EM-STIM program; working with faculty on grant submissions; and managing the off-service intern process.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Manages, coordinates, and executes special projects for the Vice Chair of Research.
- Manages the operational needs of the Department's educational/training programs.
- Provides direct administrative and operational support to the Vice Chair of Research for the Department of Emergency Medicine.
- Analyzes information to ensure accurate shift coverage for interns.
- Evaluates and implements off-service intern scheduling matrix.
- Develops and maintains reports for department leadership regarding physician CME hours, new Learning From Teaching applications, and conference attendance for faculty and fellows to determine incentive eligibility.
- Manages DEM pilot & John Marx grant process from start to finish.
- Coordinates departmental meetings for VC of Research.
- Records, transcribes, and distribute meeting minutes appropriately and within a timely manner.
- Arranges corporate travel and meetings by developing itineraries and agendas, booking transportation, arranging lodging, and coordinating meeting accommodations.
- Responds to both internal & external confidential inquiries related to the Department of Emergency Medicine.
- Manages monthly 360 Evaluation process for all four residency classes.
- Oversee residency evaluation results as they pertain to faculty incentive distribution.
- Develops PowerPoint presentations and adds additional content/detail based on high level descriptions.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $42,667 - $55,894 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in business, research, communications, accounting, finance, social sciences, marketing or other closely related field.
- Two (2) years of executive or high-level administrative experience in an academic, health care, and/or business related environment.
- One (1) year of program and/or project management experience.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but not for the specific experience.
- Five (5) years of executive or high-level administrative experience in an academic, health care, and/or business related environment.
- Grants and/or contracts experience.
- Professional and progressively responsible project management experience.
- Experience making travel arrangements and travel reimbursements.
- Experience working in an academic medical environment.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Present and maintain a professional, polished, and positive demeanor/disposition while working with internal and external stakeholders in a dynamic, high-paced environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize and get back on task after interruptions.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-starter with a proven ability to organize and follow through on multiple complex tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to work with a diverse group and competing interests.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to various situations.
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with diversified internal and external stakeholders and communicate effectively via phone, email, and in person.
- Excellent time management and organization skills; ability to take direction and use independent judgment to meet multiple deadlines.
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions/judgments on sensitive and confidential issues.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment (phone, fax, copier, projector, digital camera).
- Ability to manage a high volume of the information coming in and going out of the administrative office.
- Ability to monitor ongoing inquiries and ensure they have been addresses in a timely and effective manner.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Frances Schulz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by 10/20/17. Those who do not apply by 10/20/17 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20353 - SOM-Emergency Medicine
Posting Date: Oct 12, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Frances Schulz
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00737249