Continuing Education Instructor-Health and Human Services
Health and Human Services (HHS) provide quality continuing education for health care professionals that meet licensing regulations for RNs, LPNs, social workers, counselors, registered dietitians, psychologists, massage therapists, radiology technicians, physical therapists, occupational therapists and nursing home administrators.
Qualified instructors are needed to develop and deliver various HHS classes. Classes are conducted in a continuing education classroom environment or client site in morning, afternoon or evening sessions.
HHS instructors should be prepared to create seminars that draw from their own professional background, experience working and from current literature reviews that the audience can draw from to enhance their own practice as well as earn their CE for re-licensing purposes. Instructors are expected to provide quality teaching materials including documentation of literature reviews to substantiate teaching.
- Professional credential such as RN, licensed massage therapist, RD, OT, PT, or ACHA
- 5 years of experience in nursing, social services, counseling, respiratory therapy, nursing home administration or related health care profession
- Teaching experience preferred
- Experience with Power Point, Blackboard, D2L preferred
- Experience teaching seminars and workshops preferred
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Competitive rate of pay. Eligible for voluntary tax sheltered annuity, JCCC Hiersteiner Child Development Center, and Staff Development.
Hours per Week
Please attach a resume with your application
More searches like this
- Education jobs in Continuing & Professional Studies Programs
- Child Development & Family Studies jobs in Continuing & Professional Studies Programs
- Health & Medical jobs in Continuing & Professional Studies Programs
- Allied Health jobs in Continuing & Professional Studies Programs
- Medicine jobs in Continuing & Professional Studies Programs