8AM - 5PM
$39,480 - $55,980
Manage the administrative and technical operations of three conjoined UCR public service and educational facilities: Archaeological Research Unit (ARU), Eastern Information Center (EIC) of the statewide California Historical Resources Information System (CHRIS), and Archaeological Curation Unit (ACU). These programs provide professional research assistance in support of cultural heritage preservation and the study of archaeological and historical sites and materials. They are funded by fees charged for services rendered.
Strong organizational skills.
Administrative experience in an office environment providing administrative support for staff, faculty and the public.
Demonstrated skill in accurate record keeping with strict attention to detail.
Ability to accurately maintain and track large numbers of documents (records, reports, maps).
Experience in managing and meeting simultaneous needs of multiple clients.
Successful experience in coordinating, scheduling, directing, and evaluating the work of several, part-time staff positions.
Skill in communicating effectively and professionally using tact and diplomacy in an environment focused on customer service.
Demonstrated experience with identifying account variances, researching discrepancies in accounting ledgers, and processing moderately complex financial accounting transactions with an online financial system.
Ability to model accountability for legal and policy requirements and ethical standards.
Experience with operating, installing, and maintaining PC software, hardware, and computer-related peripherals.
Knowledge of computer security protocols and virus protection issues.
Experience with maintaining moderately complex databases through data entry, data queries, and database design modifications.
Skill in creating spreadsheets and reports using WordPerfect, Word, Access, and Excel.
Skill in exporting/importing data from or to different software applications or data collection and retrieval.
Skill to independently draft letters and memos for signature or review by supervisor/manager, using correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, composition, text editing, and proofreading skills.
Skill to independently draft correspondence pertaining to the operations, policies, and procedures of the functional area.
Ability to perform tasks diligently and efficiently in busy, noisy environment.
Undergraduate or graduate degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or History.
Familiarity with the technical language of these disciplines.
Knowledge of current University policies and procedures in staff supervision and financial administration.
Demonstrated experience with UC online Payroll/Personnel System (PPS).
Demonstrated experience with UCR Financial System (UCRFS).
Familiarity with historic preservation and management of cultural resources on local, state, and national levels.
Practical experience in recording and study of archaeological, historical, and other kinds of cultural heritage properties.
Functional knowledge of spatial mapping formats (Cadastral, Universal Transverse Mercator) and digital technologies (Global Positioning System, Geographic Information System, ArcView).
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview