Patient Care Technician/UKHC
The Patient Care Technician will be responsible for assisting and escorting patients from pre-op to the OR, PACU I, PACU II, PACU III and discharge. Under Nurse supervision they will take vital signs, perform urine pregnancy testing and glucometer testing and maintain testing log, assist in ordering and stocking supplies, maintain and obtain needed supplies for patients, staff, and anesthesia, provide clean stretchers or recliners as needed, remove dirtily linens, trash and keep patient care area clean and stocked, and assist patients with actives of daily living prior to discharge. The Patient Care Technician will greet designated patients, preoperatively and postoperatively; wear a tracker and respond to pages, communicate pertinent patient care needs or information to nursing and anesthesia staff and maintain HIPPA guidelines.
Patient Care Technician/UKHC
Patient Care Tech
H3140:Center for Advanced Surgery
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The essential functions for this position include the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis and 25-50 pounds frequently; as well as
stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases, hazards of radiation, and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
11AM - 7:30PM, Monday-Friday with occasional late call per departmental needs.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to accurately complete routine functions in a
fast paced, high intensity, professional work environment; demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service, time management, and judgement; respect for confidentiality and diversity; work with a team mindset and be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
BLS Certification preferred, previous work in an acute-care facility, long-term, or ambulatory surgery center setting preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How much paid experience do you have in a healthcare facility transporting and providing patient care?
- More than 0 years, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Do you have a current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification, or are you able to obtain one prior to your start date?
- * What type of setting best describes your patient care experience?
- Nursing Home
- Medical Office/Clinic
- No Response
- * Describe how your previous work experience relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have previous work experience in an acute or long-term care facility or an ambulatory surgery center?
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter