Senior Web Developer
*Cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: The Senior Web Developer will strengthen University Advancement’s development team by providing a flexible skill set to address development challenges on multiple fronts. This position will improve the functionality of key web initiatives with a primary focus on improving the user experience by leveraging user data stored in Wake Forest Unviversity’s CRM. Other major projects will include mobile app build-outs, creating and leveraging creating and leveraging APIs, web content management, as well as design and execution of new high-impact applications.
- Understands business challenges and leverages or creates web-based, internally developed solutions.
- Develops and maintains constituent-centric web and mobile applications through a team-oriented process.
- Supports vendor applications and uses APIs to interface with WFU custom applications.
- Interacts with databases and understands data concepts, including querying and editing records while adhering to business process and best practices.
- Helps team maintain a stable WordPress environment; improves WordPress functionality.
- Maintains well-documented, reusable, and transferable code; uses GIT.
- Provides backup for other developer’s work; helps administer code reviews, tests and performs maintenance and support.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field (or equivalent experience) and five to seven years of web development experience.
- Experience and knowledge of mobile app development, or willingness to learn.
- Experience with jQuery, JSON, MySQL, SQL, SOAP, WSDLs, and APIs.
- Experience using and developing plugins and themes for WordPress CMS or willingness to learn.
- Experience with agile development, GIT version control, SOLID coding standards, object-oriented programming concepts.
- Communication skills – the ability to define and communicate a technical vision with technical and non-technical teammates.
- Must be able to work well in collaborative development environment.
- Must show a growth mindset. Willingness to learn new skills, frameworks and programming languages.
- Must demonstrate ability to see and understand problems and opportunities, then be able to apply technical problem solving skills.
- Ability to see the big picture, understanding goals and functions of departments across Wake Forest University to see how development work impacts the University as a whole, not just each specific piece.
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve using data and technology.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to define and communicate a technical vision to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work successfully in teams, in a collaborative environment and under own initiative.
- Willingness to learn new skills, frameworks and programming languages.
- Demonstrated ability to see and understand problems and opportunities and ability to apply technical problem-solving skills.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Mobile Application developer experience using ReactNative.
- Blackbaud eCRM integration experience.
- Angular JS experience.
- Node JS Expereince.
- NET experience
- Responsible for own work only.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States