Jumpstart Associate Site Manager, Bridgewater State University
Jumpstart Associate Site Manager, Bridgewater State University
The Community Service Center (CSC), housed within the Martin Richard Institute for Social Justice, encourages the members of the Bridgewater State University community to become life-long active citizens in our regional, national and global communities.
The mission of the Community Service Center at Bridgewater State University is to provide students with a variety of volunteer and community service opportunities in the Southeastern Massachusetts area and beyond. By participating in community service, Bridgewater students will realize their potential to positively impact the lives of others.
Jumpstart is a national early education organization that recruits and trains college students and community volunteers to work with preschool children in low-income neighborhoods. Through a research based curriculum, Jumpstart children develop the language and literacy skills they need to be ready for school, setting them on a path to close the achievement gap before it is too late. Join us to work toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. Learn more at www.jstart.org.
The Associate Site Manager position is housed at Bridgewater State University in Bridgewater, MA. The primary responsibility of the Jumpstart Associate Site Manager is to assist with the day-to-day operations of the Jumpstart program on campus in order to ensure that Jumpstart Quality Standards and guidelines are achieved and that the program is meeting grant requirements. Using a work plan and program calendar provided by Jumpstart, an Associate Site Manager will assist the Senior Site Manager with recruiting, training and managing college students serving as part-time AmeriCorps members to work with children from under resourced neighborhoods during the academic year. The Associate Site Manager helps drive Jumpstart's school success outcomes, in conjunction with the Senior Site Manager, key campus personnel and Jumpstart's regional and national staff.
As part of the Jumpstart network, an Associate Site Manager is provided opportunities for professional development and growth, including but not limited to: new staff training, bi-weekly check-ins, annual retreats, and field feedback. The Associate Site Manager will report directly to a Jumpstart Senior Site Manager at Bridgewater State University.
*This position is contingent on grant funding.
Position Type: APA Professional
1. Early Childhood Education and Training:
• Assist in facilitating the Jumpstart training series for Corps members; develop training curriculum for Corps members when necessary
• Observe Jumpstart sessions to monitor the quality of interactions between Corps members and children and the implementation of planned curriculum
• Provide coaching and feedback to Corps members based on observations related to Jumpstart’s standards of quality
• Observe and support Team Planning Meetings to monitor the quality of team collaboration, meeting facilitation and the design of curriculum to be used in Jumpstart Sessions
• Work with the Senior Site Manager to ensure the site is meeting the requirements of the Jumpstart Quality Standards
• Work closely with teachers and center directors, negotiating aspects of program implementation and navigating teacher/center relationships.
2. Program Management
• Assist with planning and managing the recruitment process; interview and select all Corps members for site
• Support Corps members in the completion of expected hours requirements (300 hours over the course of the program year)
• Recruit a Corps member to serve as a Volunteer Coordinator
• Provide Corps members and Team Leaders with systematic supervision and support, consistent and responsive management, and clear ongoing communication
• Work with national and regional staff to ensure grant and programmatic compliance
• Manage Corps member files to Corporation for National and Community Service and/or Grantee specifications
• Provide additional support and representation at Corporation sponsored events or stakeholder events/meetings
• Facilitate Jumpstart Summer Program to specifications designed by Jumpstart (may not be applicable to all sites)
3. Campus and Community Partnerships
• Build and manage high quality Preschool Program Partner relationships
• Cultivate and manage campus relations to ensure sustainability and success of the program on campus
• Contribute to the development of the Jumpstart brand by engaging in local media and public relations activities, including maintaining and updating site web page
• Work with regional office to support city/community based efforts (city-wide volunteer event collaboration, city-wide training institute collaboration, etc.)
4. Jumpstart National Network Responsibilities
• Participate in weekly one-on-one meetings with Senior Site Manager
• Participate monthly Site Manager Conference Calls
• Attend Leadership Institutes annually and New Staff Training during first year
• Support the stewardship of National and Regional stakeholders by hosting site visits and engaging Corps members in events
• Host visits to campus and to program partner sites
5. Campus Specific Responsibilities
• Participate in campus and department responsibilities including staff meetings and events
• Work with faculty who can assist with Jumpstart member training and recruitment, as well as higher education and preschool program partner relationships
• Recruit a part-time assistant or graduate student who can assist with administrative tasks
• Maintain relationships with various departments on campus (financial aid, grants accounting, etc.)
*This position requires significant evening/weekend work at specific times during the program year.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related required
• Background or experience in an early childhood setting
• Strong organizational, management and leadership abilities
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in order to meet key tasks as scheduled
• Prior experience in managing others; ability to provide verbal and written feedback
• Demonstrated ability to use intermediate and some advanced functions of Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) the internet and web-based forms
• Ability to comprehend and manage basic fiscal matters such as budgets
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with university staff and the general community
• Commitment to Jumpstart’s mission and values
• Commitment to serving the community
• Experience developing partnerships with other organizations/entities preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development preferred.
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities.
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 5 pounds.
Position requires travel to early childcare centers for observation and interaction with Corps members.
Special Conditions for Eligibility:
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Salary Range: $45,000 to $48,000
Posting Number: S00241P
Open Date: 08/09/2017
Close Date: 9/11/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
*a minimum of one (1) employment history entry.
*a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.
To apply, visit https://jobs.bridgew.edu/postings/9069
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.