The Development Coordinator plays a key role in the Office of Strategic Initiatives within the Department of Institutional Advancement. The Coordinator provides strategic and intentional support for key fundraising projects and manages related information. He/she works closely with Strategic Initiatives team members as well as major gift officers and partners with Advancement Services and the fundraising support team on a regular basis. The Development Coordinator also assists with writing related to proposals and reports to individual and foundation prospects and donors. It is critical for this position to exercise a high degree of organization, attention to detail, initiative, independent judgment, tact and discretion in the execution of assigned responsibilities.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND GOALS
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this job.
- Under direction executes project management, as outlined in project plans to ensure timely coordination with all stakeholders. This entails managing multiple fundraising projects that constitute the foci of the College’s comprehensive capital campaign.
- Monitors initiatives to inform related fundraising plans
- Gathers and maintains updated information/project plans including budgets, timelines, prospect pipelines etc.
- Provides project updates as requested
- Works with Advancement Services to inform tracking of fundraising progress
- Collaborates with AVP, Research Team and gift officers on prospect pipelines
- Attends campus meeting and events as requested
Operations and Fundraising Support
- Provides administrative support related to academic and capital initiatives to Executive Director including scheduling of group meetings
- Maintains Institutional Advancement fundraising gift policies and procedures
- Maintains templates for standard funding opportunities for major gift donors
- Populates standard proposals and drafts requests and fundraising support materials for review
- Assists with proposal preparation for standard major gifts asks and requests to foundations
- Tracks proposal submissions for major gifts and foundation relations
- Files submitted proposals
- Organizes site visits for foundation relations prospects/donors
- Hires, trains, and manages student workers in consultation with Strategic Initiatives team.
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required and at least five years administrative or project management experience
- Experience in higher education or fundraising preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills required
- Excellent organizational skills. Capable of managing multiple assignments from multiple sources; efficiency, detail-oriented, and able to meet project deadlines
- Must demonstrate good intuition and the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Experience exercising a high degree of initiative, independent judgment, tact and discretion in the execution of assigned responsibilities to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of the office
- Ability to think through and solve problems creatively
- Willingness to take charge in difficult situations and remain calm and collected under pressure
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and diverse team environment with a wide range of professionals in a variety of functional roles
- Excellent computer proficiency; facility with fundraising databases and evidence of an ability to master these resources
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to email@example.com.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance