Construction Project Engineer
Assist Project Manager(s) and Superintendent(s) in coordinating the activities of a project to ensure cost, schedule and quality standards are met. Exercise independent judgment related to day-to-day administration of projects.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and presentation materials and attend presentations as needed.
- Assist in obtaining pricing for the development of cost estimates.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of construction project schedules.
- Assist Superintendent with the implementation of job site safety procedures, notifications, signage, supplies and equipment.
- Assist Project Manager in communicating effectively with the Owner, coordinating team meetings, completing contract documents, and reviewing consultant and contractor pay applications.
- Draft meeting agenda for all project meetings.
- Attend all reoccurring OAC and trade meetings and prepare minutes.
- Assist Project Manager in verifying submittal conformity to specs.
- Maintain document control, including reviewing, understanding, logging and distributing the following:
- Request for Information (RFI)
- Document and Plan Distribution Log
- Addenda Log
- Permit Log
- Contract Documents
- Project Cost Reports
- Change Proposals
- Change Orders
- Architect's Supplemental Instructions (ASI)
- Safety Log
- Contract Close-out Documentation (i.e. close-out manual)
- Punch Lists
- Close Out Log
- Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent in coordinating the work of each trade.
- Review contractor changes and design professional additional service requests.
- Support Project Manager in the preparation of daily and monthly reports.
- Assist in the development of punch lists and the follow-up necessary to ensure timely completion of punch list work.
- Assist Project Manager in obtaining required plans checks and permits for the work and in coordinating required inspections by appropriate inspectors.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with existing clients and assist the business development team with marketing efforts to acquire new clients and project opportunities.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of Project Engineer experience in the construction management industry is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of construction principles, techniques, and procedures
- Ability to read architectural plans and specifications
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word, and other construction related software
- Ability to effectively present information in oral, written and graphic form
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, staff and outside entities
- Strong organizational skills and ability to evaluate information to proactively find solutions
- Engineering, Construction Management, or Architectural Degree, or equivalent experience
Engineering, Construction Management, or Architectural Degree, or equivalent experience
Pacific National Group is a high-end general contractor for large, established clients that have ongoing real estate development and improvement projects in Southern California. Pacific National Group, a 100% employee-owned company, is recognized as the finest, most trusted and highly regarded company in its field.
We are looking for new team members and welcome you to submit your resume for consideration. Come share in our success!
Thu, 10 Aug 2017 08:59:41 PDT