Career Center Manager
Lake Forest College has embraced career preparation as a key institutional goal for its undergraduate students more clearly and conscientiously than most other colleges in the liberal arts tradition. Lake Forest’s career center is one of the largest in the country for a college our size, which enables us to execute innovative and effective career programs that lead to great outcomes for graduates. With its location in the Chicago metropolitan area, Lake Forest College is uniquely positioned to be a leader in career preparation. We are committed to preparing all of our students for productive and rewarding careers. The CAC is now seeking a new team member to strengthen the distinctive career support available to Lake Forest College students.
The Career Center Manager works with career center staff and key on- and off-campus stakeholders to contribute to the development and maintenance of an exceptional student/alumni career development program and employer outreach/recruiting initiatives. Responsibilities include:
- Manage front desk operations; supervise part-time department assistant and student staff to support event planning, communication, and employer relations efforts; ensure consistent front desk/phone/e-mail coverage and provide front desk coverage whenever gaps emerge.
- Maintain standard operating procedures guide for the office and help all CAC staff to understand relevant best practices.
- Organize career communication team and contribute to execution of communication plan to market employer activities and career center resources to students/alumni, faculty/staff, and other key stakeholders. Interview students/alumni/employers to develop career-related stories and profiles for the web; collaborate with college’s Communication and Marketing Department to develop and review content.
- Provide direct support to the AVP for Career & Professional Development and serve as a member of the CAC leadership team.
- Interact with employers to discuss positions available within their organization and requirements for Lake Forest College students/alumni to be highly competitive for positions; collaborate with faculty and staff to attract appropriate applicants to positions.
- Coordinate data collection and analysis, including student outcomes and employer engagement data; compile quantitative and qualitative data for annual reports, marketing purposes, donor stewardship, etc.
- Compile expense reports, pay vendors, and reconcile planned/actual charges; assist with annual budget planning.
- Supervise and assist with coordinating logistics of large and small programs and workshops, including Speed Networking, job fairs, and on-campus interviews.
- Utilize and contribute to maintenance of career center management system (CSO) and other relevant databases/technology tools.
- Evaluate career center operations for business process improvement opportunities and develop action plans to implement improvements.
- Complete other duties as assigned or as opportunities emerge.
Candidate must be organized and have an entrepreneurial spirit, ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively. The successful candidate will possess excellent problem-solving skills, be detail-oriented, familiar with effective promotion/marketing techniques, able to manage quantitative and qualitative data, and demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills across mediums. Strong writing and editing capability, as well as ability to use technology required for the role are expected. Common technology tools include: social media, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and website content management system. Candidate must be able to work with some interruptions and be comfortable planning events. Strong project management skills will be helpful.
Some relevant full-time professional experience is desired. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
Please submit cover letter and resume/CV online at: http://bit.ly/2kuXbt4. Materials can be addressed to:
Associate Vice President for Career & Professional Development
Lake Forest College
555 North Sheridan Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045-2399
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a successful candidate is found. All correspondence related to this search should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send e-mail to other e-mail accounts.
A highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1,600 students from over 40 states and 70 countries. The College’s student body is culturally diverse, with approximately 40% of our students identifying as domestic students of color or international students. We also have a visible, active, and vibrant LGBT student population. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. For more information about Lake Forest College, visit www.lakeforest.edu.