Superintendent for Commercial Construction
Summary of Responsibilities
Superintendent will be responsible for all activity on a jobsite. They will oversee all construction in accordance with plans and specs and be responsible to keep the schedule of that job. They are responsible to keep each sub on track with that schedule and meet every deadline. When that deadline is not met the Superintendent will do whatever necessary to get job back on track including working overtime. The Superintendent will order all material that HASCO is providing and schedule those to be timely delivered to the job. The Superintendent will prepare submittals for each job according to the plans and specs. Each submittal will be turned into the correct person with the correct number of copies in accordance with the schedule. The Superintendent will do a daily walk through of the job site inspecting and answering questions on a daily bases and will be stationed on site during business hours. The Superintendent is also responsible for making sure subs are safe on site and that they have the site safety plan.
At HASCO, our business strategy is to be the most proactive General Contractor in the West Texas area. Therefore, we hold ever employee to the standard of being "Relentlessly Proactive," and we expect this behavior to drive every activity.
- Maintain Schedule
- Oversee all Construction
- Daily Logs
- Submittal Preparation
- Daily Inspections
- On Site during Business Hours
- Problem Solving
- Motivate Subs according to Schedule
- Preconstruction Meeting
- Getting Estimates from Subs
- Promote and Enforce Safety
- Weekly Safety Toolbox Topics
- Daily Log sent in by 5pm everyday
- Weekly Toolbox Topic on site with subs Monday at 10:00 am
- Weekly hours
- Leave request form filled out 2 weeks minimum before absence
Build Long Term Relationships
• Handle all subcontractor interactions in a manner designed to build a long term relationship.
• Develop personal / social relationships with selective subcontractors.
Operate as One Team
• Build strong win-win relationships with other departments within HASCO, including
project management, marketing, business development, accounting, and superintendents.
Go the Extra Mile
• Do whatever it takes to ensure that HASCO bids and proposals are competitive and have the greatest chance of winning. This may require the employee to arrive early, stay late, or
perform tasks not specifically outlined in the job description.
• Double-check all critical work deliverables to minimize mistakes.
Never Stop Improving
• Initiate personal development program to build professional and managerial skills.
• Read local business and relevant construction trade publications.
• Initiate suggestions for company-wide process improvements.
• Research and maintain technological excellence in their work environment.
Engineer Win-Win Solutions
• Develop creative solutions to problems.
• Identify creative ways to deliver additional profit if possible.
• Complete all activities with a pride of ownership "as if it was your name on the door."
• Participate in company-wide events, such as meetings, socials, etc.
General requirements for all positions:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must know Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Project.
• Must be self-motivated & punctual.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally
• Must be professional and polished in appearance and speech.
Thu, 10 Aug 2017 06:28:27 PDT