The Library at Lewis University invites applications for a Secretary to coordinate and perform responsible clerical and secretarial duties in the University Library.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is a vigorous and growing institution located 25 miles SW of Chicago. Lewis University provides students a liberal arts-based and career-focused education, engaging students in the exploration and creation of academic, professional and personal opportunities in a supportive community. As a Catholic university in the Lasallian tradition, our approach is values-based and ethically-focused. For additional information see our website at http://www.lewisu.edu.
- Provide daily secretarial/clerical coordination of the Circulation functions of the library and equipment as required.
- Open and/or close library and provide operations support as needed.
- Coordinating with the Evening Circulation Secretary I, process I-Share/ requests.
- Serve as a customer service representative of the library during the day, and act as the first point of contact to meet, greet and provide assistance to students, faculty/staff and the public regarding the Circulation operations of the library.
- Answer telephone and email inquiries giving prompt and accurate information to students, faculty/staff and the public in a professional and courteous manner ensuring account confidentiality.
- Coordinating process for recommendations for hiring, training, supervising, assigning and evaluating work tasks of the student workers.
- Create schedule and process payroll for student workers.
- Assist technical services staff with basic integrated library system () item and patron record maintenance duties, including processing and distribution/removal of physical materials, etc.
- Manage and be responsible for the daily operations of the Fly-By Video Store including but not limited to the setting of policy and procedures for eligibility for membership, the choosing and purchasing of new or replacement videos and supplies, assessing fines and penalties in accordance with the Business Office accounts, and supervising staff members and students in Video Store transactions.
High school diploma. Computer knowledge, experience and a high level of proficiency in the most current version of Microsoft Windows and MSOffice and other campus (Banner, PeopleAdmin, etc.) software applications. Some experience working with an integrated library system (e.g., Voyager, etc.) and other cloud based applications used by the library. Excellent customer service skills with a strong emphasis on oral and written communication skills. Strong organizational skills, detail oriented and the ability to work as a self-starter is strongly desired. Must be able to operate typical library equipment including pushing carts of books, etc.
Prior library experience and information literate/knowledgeable of library functions and research techniques. Some college level course work or Library Technical Assistant certification.
How to Apply:
For a full description and to be considered for this position visit http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/2485
Inspired by the University’s Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.