District Recruitment Coordinator
Coast Community College District
District Recruitment Coordinator
Salary: $57,780.00 - $70,368.00 Annually
Full job description and OFFICIAL application available ONLY at: https://www.cccd.edu/employment. Please click on OPEN POSITIONS located in the menu bar on the left, then select your desired jobs category to access list of open positions.
Under general supervision of the District Director, HR and Recruitment & Employment Services, the District Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for a wide variety of para-professional functions in the areas of recruitment, selection, equal employment opportunity, training, and other related human resources programs; serves as a community liaison and resource in the recruitment of faculty and staff positions, with emphasis on diversity, innovation, and inclusion; researches, prepares, and analyzes a variety of complex data and reports.
The District Recruitment Coordinator has technical responsibility for a variety of district-wide human resources assignments and receives guidance primarily in terms of establishing project priorities and general parameters.
Customer Service - Anticipates, monitors, and meets the needs of internal and external customers and responds to them in an appropriate manner. Continually seeks to provide the highest quality service to all District customers.
Communication - Communicates well, both verbally and in writing. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to diverse perspectives. Shares information with other members of the team to foster teamwork and collaboration for the attainment of District goals.
Job Knowledge - Understands duties and responsibilities, has the appropriate technical skills, and keeps job knowledge current. Understands the relationship of their position to the mission and goals of the District.
Innovative - Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement, including the understanding and application of technology. Skilled in the use of computers, adapts to new technology, keeps abreast of changes, learns new programs quickly, and uses systems- and outcomes-approach to improve productivity.
Strategic - Partners with diverse sources (individuals, disciplines, bodies of knowledge) for ideas and innovation in workforce optimization and Equal Employment Opportunity programs.
Ethical/Integrity - Displays business acumen, ethics and integrity in all processes of Human Resources.
Adaptable/Flexible - Creates change (relentlessly innovates and improves), adapts to change, is open to new ideas, handles pressure, and adjusts to meet changing needs.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
a) Liaison with hiring managers and search committees on job design, education, experience and competency prioritization, selection, and hiring processes.
b) Develop partnerships and relationships with external recruitment sources for proactive, short and mid-term recruitment of diverse talent for institution.
c) Provide guidance, training and coaching on bias awareness, closing unintended gaps and strengthening individual and institutional inclusiveness. Train on district recruitment related procedures, policies, and processes; ensure district- wide standards are applied in related processes.
d) Liaison with the colleges to identify and implement recruitment strategies in accordance with the District EEO Plan to enhance our applicant pools for quality and diversity.
e) Liaison with faculty, deans, and department chairs to develop and expand traditional and non-traditional recruitment approaches for attracting diverse, qualified part-time faculty applicants; build and actively maintain part-time faculty applicant pools; coordinate and conduct part-time faculty recruitment fairs, internships, and/or other programs to promote and attract innovative educators.
f) Develop and coordinate all advertisements and marketing efforts for open positions; prepare and initiate related reports, documents, and processes, such as vendor accounts, purchase requisitions, applicant traffic sources, and cost- per-hire analysis.
g) Effectively respond to and assist applicants with applicant tracking system and general questions about positions and minimum qualification standards.
h) Prepare, compile, and maintain a variety of data and statistical reports related to performance metrics for recruitment.
i) Schedule and coordinate Equal Employment Opportunity Advisory committee; serve as human resources staff support to advisory committee; assist in ongoing review of the effectiveness of Equal Employment Opportunity Programs.
j) Review applicant flow data; gather, compile, analyze, and summarize data for annual diversity report.
k) Coordinate and assist with job classification studies; update and revise class descriptions, as needed.
l) Assist in maintaining job classification tables and records in the District's integrated information system (Banner); create and set up new entries, run queries and reports, as required; publish and distribute updated salary schedules in compliance with STRS/PERS reporting requirements and applicable policies and procedures.
m) Operate a computer and a variety of office applications, such as Word, Excel, and Power Point with intermediate to advanced proficiency.
n) Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Employment practices, policies, and procedures related to recruitment and equal employment opportunity programs.
2. Applicant tracking systems and intermediate to advanced level knowledge and skill in word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
3. Recruitment advertising sources and general marketing practices.
4. Recruitment metric, research methods, and data analysis techniques.
5. Functions and structure of a community college district or similar educational setting.
6. Accepted practices in development of job content, including a working understanding of complexity and difficulty of job duties, and required skills, knowledge and abilities.
7. Federal, state, and local laws related to human resources and equal employment opportunity.
8. Socio-economic, language, and cultural barriers affecting disadvantaged segments of the community.
9. Communicate effectively and persuasively orally and in writing.
10. Identify, build, foster, and leverage a network of organizations and sources to recruit for quality candidates, including but not limited to professional associations, conferences, referrals, and/or doctoral programs.
11. Analyze, compare, prioritize, and evaluate complex data.
12. Identify traditional and non-traditional recruitment sources.
13. Plan, organize, and complete routine to complex human resources projects according to timelines.
14. Facilitate teamwork, collaboration, and problem-solving.
15. Identify core competencies to strengthen and promote the development of organizational capabilities that attracts top talent.
16. Model communication and interaction that respects all individuals.
17. Effectively interpret, apply, and explain applicable laws, codes, collective bargaining agreements, policies, and procedures.
18. Prepare and present data clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
19. Speak effectively to groups.
20. Operate standard office equipment including a computer and related software applications.
21. Work effectively independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
22. Provide a quality service to the campus and district community.
23. Adapt to changing priorities and meet conflicting timelines.
24. Maintain confidentiality of information.
Education and Experience:
25. A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in human resources management, public administration, business administration or related field.
26. Two years of relevant recruitment experience with a strong emphasis on diversity, selection, and hiring.
27. Or, any combination of education and experience that would provide equivalent qualifications.
Conditions of Employment
This is a full time, 12 month per year position. The normal hours of work are to be arranged between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer