Associate Director of Fellowships
Associate Director of Fellowships
Position Focus: The Center for International and Professional Experience at Yale University is seeking a highly organized, student-focused individual with exceptional written communication, data management and interpersonal skills to direct the competitions for a portfolio of national fellowships including Fulbright. Reporting to the Director of Fellowship Programs and as part of a dynamic and creative team, the Associate Director of Fellowships will play a central role in supporting students as they apply for these fellowship opportunities to further their academic, personal and professional goals. This position will collaborate closely with faculty and programs across the university to develop and oversee the recruitment and preparation of students and to advise and guide deliberations during faculty nomination committees. The Associate Director will work closely with the Fellowships team and the Director to increase the awareness of Fellowship opportunities generally among the Yale student body and help lead the development of effective and efficient models for committee work, student advising and outreach. In addition, the Associate Director will oversee the collection and analysis of our data, work to develop a comprehensive communications plan for the Fellowships team, and manage the application process for Yale’s International Summer Award.
1. Lead the administration of a portfolio of national fellowships including Fulbright. Recruit and advise candidates, manage national application process and practice interviews. Oversee the writing of institutional letters of endorsement.
2. Develop and maintain relationships with external funding agencies and foundations.
3. Develop, promote and deliver relevant educational programming.
4. Develop and maintain network of contacts among Yale faculty for faculty committees.
5. Oversee the application process for Yale’s International Summer Award.
6. Oversee development of the communication plan for the Fellowships Office including the website.
7. Represent the University at regional and national conferences, professional associations, and occasional international site visits.
8. Develop and maintain relationships with other university departments.
9. Collaborate on Yale College fellowship competitions as needed.
10. Assist in the development of new fellowship opportunities in Yale College and in the broader mission of Fellowship Programs.
11. Research, monitor, implement and contribute to best practices in the field of International Education.
12. Serve on and/or chair various CIPE, Yale College and University committees and projects.
13. Other responsibilities as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree and three to five years of relevant experience in an academic setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Education and Experience:
1. Academic advising experience, preferably in fellowship competitions.
2. Experience working closely with faculty
3. Preferred: Master’s degree, Ph.D. or ABD.
4. Preferred: Three to five years of experience either teaching or in administration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
5. Preferred: knowledge of American, British, and Irish universities and their administrative and academic policies and procedures; knowledge of external funding agencies and foundations; experience living or studying abroad.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Exceptional organizational skills. Ability to juggle multiple complex tasks, meet multiple deadlines, set priorities and work both independently and as part of a creative team.
2. Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in dealing with sensitive material.
3. Highly developed interpersonal and advising skills.
4. Exceptional editorial and writing skills.
5. Familiarity with a range of database, spreadsheet, word processing, and web design software packages.
• Occasional evening and weekend hours.
• Provide a letter of interest and a resume.
• Writing samples should be provided by candidates invited for an in-person interview.
• For more information please go to the Yale Employment site under Requisition Number: 45255BR
Please also refer to : http://funding.yale.edu/