Senior Systems Analyst - Western Washington University
Senior Systems Analyst
If interested, you need to apply online at: https://jobs.wwu.edu/JobPosting.aspx?JPID=7590
About the Position: The Senior Systems Analyst leads, manages, coordinates, and is the primary technical support for several enterprise software applications used at Western Washington University. Ellucian’s Banner running on the Oracle platform is the primary application, with document management, data warehouses and reporting other significant applications. The Senior Systems Analyst partners with other IT staff and functional users across campus to provide analysis, development and maintenance of these software applications. This is a full-time position which reports to an Assistant Director in Enterprise Application Services.
About the College/Department: Enterprise Application Services (EAS) is responsible for the implementation, operation, maintenance and evolution of Western’s enterprise systems. The approximately 100 applications, many of them mission-critical, may be SaaS or hosted on premise. EAS partners with the University to plan, acquire, develop, and maintain core operational and student support systems. EAS supports Western's mission to bring together individuals of diverse backgrounds and perspectives in an inclusive, student-centered university that develops the potential of learners and the well-being of communities. We encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, and other candidates from underrepresented backgrounds and with diverse experiences interested in this opportunity.
Western Washington University, with over 15,000 students in seven colleges and the graduate school, is nationally recognized for its educational programs, students and faculty. The campus is located in Bellingham, Washington, a coastal community of 83,000 overlooking Bellingham Bay, the San Juan Islands and the North Cascades Mountain range. The city lies 90 miles north of Seattle and 60 miles south of Vancouver, British Columbia, and affords a variety of cultural and outdoor recreational opportunities. Western is the highest-ranking public, master’s-granting university in the Pacific Northwest, according to the 2017 U.S. News & World Report rankings. Position Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with and lead constituent teams through process analysis and business decisions related to Banner, document management, data warehousing and reporting, and other enterprise systems
- Provide systems analysis, problem solving support, and technical guidance for efficient and effective use of enterprise application systems in support of the university's goals and objectives
- Manage, maintain and upgrade enterprise systems and local enhancements
- Design, create and maintain reports, data flow between enterprise systems, and other data support services using multiple technologies
- Provide support and consultation to constituents on a variety of aspects of information resources and technology
- Work with vendors on projects and help tickets
- Provide technical support for other IT staff
- Plan and prepare instructional manuals and/or training
- Participate in departmental activities and working groups
- Other duties as required to assist Director/Management Team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field plus four (4) years of relevant professional experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
- Strong programming knowledge of PL/SQL or T-SQL
- Strong programming knowledge of modern object oriented languages (e.g. Java, C++, .NET)
- Three (3) years of experience developing, managing, maintaining and upgrading software systems
- Three (3) years of experience in technical or process analysis
- Three (3) years of experience supporting functional end users
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with both technical and non-technical people on highly technical and complex topics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to learn new technical and software skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse employees and differing opinions
- Ability to work successfully individually and in a team-oriented environment
- Experience with one or more of the following: PL/SQL, SQL Server, Oracle Tools, Groovy/Grails, C, .NET
- Strong knowledge of the Oracle DBMS environment and tools
- Working knowledge of Unix OS and scripting
- Experience with Ellucian Banner; experience in a higher education institution
- Experience writing technical documentation and/or preparing and delivering training sessions
- Project management and team leadership experience
- Curiosity, creativity, flexibility, and a sense of humor
Academic Emphasis: N/A Job Location: Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA Salary: Depending on experience and qualifications Bargaining Union: Application Instructions and Requested Documents: Please log in below and submit your application via WWU's Electronic Application System for Employment (EASE). Note: You will need to be using Internet Explorer to fully utilize our online application system.
A cover letter and resume are required and should address your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications. You may cut and paste or upload your resume and cover letter as noted on the EASE application.
Please complete the education and work experience section of the EASE application and submit the names and contact information of three professional references. Other Information: Follow Western Employment on Facebook and @WWUEmployment on Twitter Job Posted: 8/11/2017 Closing Date Notes: Position is open until filled. Recruitment #: 170285 Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. See WWU's Policy on Ensuring Equal Opportunity and Prohibiting Discrimination and Retaliation. Inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and Employment Diversity, Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main 345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); firstname.lastname@example.org
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).
All new employees must comply with the immunization policy and show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU. A thorough background check will be conducted on all new hires.