Release of Information Specialist - Auburn Hills, MI
Summary: Verify and process requests for medical records from third parties and patients in compliance with HIPAA, state laws, and company standards. This is a Full-time position, working out of our remote processing center in Auburn Hills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete release of information (ROI) requests including scanning patient's medical chart and returning chart, according to established procedures and established standards of quality and productivity.
- Provide excellent customer service by being attentive and respectful; ensure understanding of customer requests and follow through as promised; and being proactive in identifying client concerns or problems.
- Communicate internally and externally using email and phones.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area, with records and files properly stored before leaving area.
- Maintain working knowledge of the existing state laws and fee structure.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with client/site policies and procedures, including HIPAA, state/federal regulations related to operations, and labor regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality, security, and standards of ethics with all information.
- Work with privileged information in a conscientious manner while releasing medical records efficiently and accurately.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- 1 year prior experience in a medical records department or like setting preferred. RHIT/RHIA is a plus
- Must have strong computer software experience - general working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Excellent organizational skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Must be personable, able to work independently, and able to work with the public.
Sharecare, Inc. and BACTES are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, equal pay, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other status protected under applicable law.
As a Health Information Handler (HIH) for over 25 years, BACTES has been a leader in providing secure electronic exchange, delivery and integration of Protected Health Information (PHI) to thousands of Healthcare Providers across the United States. We adhere to the latest compliance standards while providing superior multi-step quality control processes and unparalleled customer service. We have grown dynamically across the country as a result of our customized solutions, superior quality and industry-leading customer support.
BACTES recently became a part of Sharecare. Created by Jeff Arnold (the founder of WebMD) and Dr. Mehmet Oz, Sharecare is the leading online health and wellness engagement platform, providing millions of health-conscious consumers with a personal, results-oriented experience by connecting them to the most qualified health resources and programs. Working together, BACTES and Sharecare are bringing new patient acquisition and patient engagement services to healthcare providers to support growth and "Meaningful Use".
Auburn Hills, MI
Thu, 10 Aug 2017 15:37:07 PDT