Associate Director - Statistician
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR – STATISTICIAN
Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Research & Assessment, the Associate Director, Statistician will be tasked with developing statistical models to support the strategic goals of the University with a focus on the design and implementation of analytical and statistical methodologies related to enrollment and retention. This position uses modeling, data mining, regression, segmentation, cluster analysis, decision trees, conjoint analysis, data reduction, predictive and descriptive analytics, and applied statistics to develop, measure, analyze and present findings to senior management. The models and simulations developed will be used to guide policy in multiple areas.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops strategies to improve marketing performance by translating quantitative findings into marketing applications through the interpretation of data, trends and other data sources for potential marketing value.
- Performs profile and segmentation analysis, as part of our strategic initiatives.
- Partners with various departments across Campus to develop, implement, and maintain models.
- Advanced degree required, with concentration in statistics, econometrics, operation research, quantitative social sciences, or mathematics preferred. Ph.D. strongly preferred.
- Prior related work experience or internships required, specifically working with large, longitudinal data sets.
- Extensive experience in data analysis.
- Strong working and theoretical knowledge of statistics.
- Working knowledge of database architecture.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven hands-on analytical and project management skills
- Proficiency with MS Access, MS Excel, SAS and other similar computer programs and query tools related to marketing and conducting research.
- Effective communication and writing skills
- Experience with Ellucian Banner or other ERP systems is a plus.
- Experience in higher education desired.
Founded in 1935, Hofstra University is an internationally ranked and recognized institution with ten schools and colleges offering 145 undergraduate and 160 graduate program options. Located in Hempstead, N.Y., our leafy 240-acre campus is a certified arboretum just a quick train ride from New York City, and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, along with the resources, technology and facilities of a world-class university, including the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine, the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the School of Education, Hofstra College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, the Honors College, the School of Health Professions and Human Services, as well as the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science. Hofstra has hosted three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012, 2016), and is one of only three in the New York metropolitan area to have schools of medicine, law and engineering. With more than 11,000 students and 128,000 alumni from around the world, Hofstra University is a dynamic community dedicated to academic excellence, civic engagement and global innovation. Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
Please email resume/vita with cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com with subject line: Associate Director, Statistician.