Job Number: 75944
Stanford Center for Health Education (SCHE) is seeking a 2-year fixed term Administrative Associate to provide high-level administrative and operational support to the Center, including the Digital Medical Education International Collaborative (Digital MEdIC, digitalmedic.stanford.edu). The Stanford Center for Health Education is a newly developed University resource focused on the creation and dissemination of relevant, engaging, and accessible digital health content that can be scaled for the public, health care trainees, and professionals. SCHE and Digital MEdIC aim to reach learners worldwide, including some of our world's most vulnerable and resource-challenged populations, and will serve as a catalyst for innovative health care education.
The Administrative Associate is an essential member of the team, helping to keep our team organized and ensure that the administrative and operational details are in place to support our educational initiatives and collaborations across the world. The responsibilities of the position include managing calendars, arranging key team meetings and events, handling expense tracking and reimbursements, researching information and drafting various documents for education and global initiatives, and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel for the Vice Provost for Health Education and other SCHE team members.
- Arrange and coordinate complex meetings and events, including scheduling, meeting communications, technology for web/phone meetings, arranging catering or other vendors, overseeing distribution of meeting materials, coordination with global collaborators, arranging international travel and itineraries, and other logistics.
- Act on behalf of the Vice Provost for Health Education and Center Director to identify and resolve problems that are administrative in nature.
- Manage expenditure tracking and financial reimbursements for the office. Track program expenditures for budget monitoring purposes.
- Assist with internal grant programs, include coordination of application processes and award reimbursements.
- Administer all necessary purchasing requirements for office.
- Research, distill, and communicate information on best practices in order to provide recommendations for medical education programs. Develop presentations and content. Provide editing and proofreading for proposals, as well as manuscript/report preparation.
- Research information and conduct preliminary assessments for new initiatives, opportunities, or partnerships.
- Draft final reports, proposals, meeting summaries, agendas, memos, project status, and presentations as necessary.
- Administer and design online surveys as necessary; analyze and report data.
- Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit documents, displays, reports, brochures, online education platform, and/or websites.
- Compose and draft documents for presentations and other communications; perform substantial proofreading and fact-checking.
- Maintain accurate and organized electronic and physical files for critical documents, including transitioning paper files to digital formats and maintaining longitudinal accreditation compliance reports.
- Bachelor's degree and at least two years of administrative experience preferred
- Experience supporting a senior executive desired
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions
Location: Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.